Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Password Plus Mystery  (Read 21550 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Password Plus Mystery
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2011, 03:07:44 AM »
This also confirms that Tom Kennedy's first taped week didn't air until almost 2 months later, and what we thought was a goof by GSN in identifying Tom's first episode all those years ago was technically accurate.
Two months? Tom's first shows were taped on October 11 and 12 and started airing on October 28, unless you mean the Xmas shows we intentionally taped some time in advance.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:17:11 AM by chris319 »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Password Plus Mystery
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2011, 07:54:03 AM »
This also confirms that Tom Kennedy's first taped week didn't air until almost 2 months later, and what we thought was a goof by GSN in identifying Tom's first episode all those years ago was technically accurate.
Two months? Tom's first shows were taped on October 11 and 12 and started airing on October 28, unless you mean the Xmas shows we intentionally taped some time in advance.
Not sure that's what he meant.  (First show of 10/12 taping aired 10/28, first show of 10/11 taping aired 12/24, so his first taped week did air two months later while his second taped week aired 2½ weeks later.)  

I'll submit a third choice was that Kennedy was going to tape two celeb weeks to get his feet wet, but NBC would air one immediately and hold the other for Xmas week (with the decision to be made when it needed to be).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:54:24 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Password Plus Mystery
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2011, 08:02:33 AM »
I'll submit a third choice was that Kennedy was going to tape two celeb weeks to get his feet wet, but NBC would air one immediately and hold the other for Xmas week (with the decision to be made when it needed to be).
I can't vouch for your theory. I don't know why he would need two weeks of celebrity shows to get the hang of the format.

snowpeck

Password Plus Mystery
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2011, 08:25:04 AM »
Yes, I meant the Xmas shows.  Those were Tom's first behind the host podium.  The second week he taped was the first to actually air.

Way back when, when GSN aired the first Xmas show with a graphic saying it was Tom's first show hosting, everyone cried foul on ATGS saying GSN had screwed up facts and it was not his first show.  Turns out it was, going by tape date.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:26:56 AM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)