Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Not Happy With Cablevision  (Read 2282 times)

Jimmy Owen

GSN Not Happy With Cablevision
« on: October 13, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »
GSN not happy with move to sports tier.  I wonder if Cablevision got the wrong impression when GSN stepped up the poker programming.My link
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:07:03 AM »
GSN not happy with move to sports tier.  I wonder if Cablevision got the wrong impression when GSN stepped up the poker programming.My link

Cablevision is surrounded by more controversy than OJ Simpson and Lindsey Lohan combined.  Going on almost 2 years, Scripps, ABC, and Fox have ended up pulling their programming from Cablevision over retransmission disputes, albeit temporarily, and now this.  I wouldn't be surprised if Cablevision systems end up being bought out by Time Warner, Comcast, and other cable companies serving NY, NJ, CT, and eastern PA.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 12:10:35 AM »
Going on almost 2 years, Scripps, ABC, and Fox have ended up pulling their programming from Cablevision over retransmission disputes, albeit temporarily, and now this.
Yeah, um, I don't think I'm gonna compare those three to losing a niche cable channel that pulls hash marks most of the time.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Johnissoevil

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 12:38:15 AM »
Going on almost 2 years, Scripps, ABC, and Fox have ended up pulling their programming from Cablevision over retransmission disputes, albeit temporarily, and now this.
Yeah, um, I don't think I'm gonna compare those three to losing a niche cable channel that pulls hash marks most of the time.

Good point.  Just pointing out Cablevision's recent reputation.  But you're right, if GSN goes, not many people, if any, will be demanding its return like the demands for the returns of the other three networks mentioned.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

TimK2003

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 03:34:26 AM »
FWIW, Cablevision just bought out Bresnan Cable in our neck of the woods.  At least for now, Cablevision is being gift-wrapped as Optimum Cable, but it's the same ol' Cablevision shiat inside.  

When I had Cablevision in Northeast Ohio (Copley/Fairlawn/Sharon Center) -- before they were run out of town -- it took them nearly 2 years to add new channels to our cable lineup -- and out of the handful of those "new adds" to our lineup, there was one religious channel (Canton's Channel 17), Telemundo, two home shopping channels and an independent channel in Canton (WOAC/67) which was mostly infomercials and a combination of religious & home shopping programs.