Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feud Faceoff cue  (Read 10606 times)

MTCesquire

Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 12:30:56 PM »
First, here's a game show theme collection for $6. I'm just the messenger.

Or you could take a $1 and $5 bill and set it on fire.  Same difference.

You could've at least pointed her to a site where she could get one of the GSN CD's.  At least they would be the actual themes instead of crappy MIDI renditions.  But since that would require spending money which she *clearly* doesn't want to do, that would've been pointless too.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 05:16:20 PM »
You could've at least pointed her to a site where she could get one of the GSN CD's. At least they would be the actual themes instead of crappy MIDI renditions. But since that would require spending money which she *clearly* doesn't want to do, that would've been pointless too.
I thought about it, then considered exactly what you said -- if Erica didn't want to spend $25 for six-month access to countless official music cues, then she didn't want to spend $12-15 for a CD of about 15 official cues, either...especially since they're not the cue she asked about.

Ergo, the least expensive solution I know. You get what you pay for, and if you follow the link I provided...then you'll get the crappiest "remixes"/"covers" ever.

/they did a cover of Monopoly
//M.O.N.O.P-O-L-FRICKIN'-Y
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:54:48 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 06:19:02 PM »
Ergo, the cheapest solution I could find. You get what you pay for. And in the link I provided, what you get...is utter crap.
Then why bother? I could make a meal for a dollar a night if I wanted to eat nothing but ramen and Vienna sausages. But I don't, because I'm OK paying a good money for good quality. Eric A. wants For Free, and For Legal, and I suspect will not spend money to get what he wants.
Travis L. Eberle

erica

Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 12:11:17 AM »
Ergo, the cheapest solution I could find. You get what you pay for. And in the link I provided, what you get...is utter crap.
Then why bother? I could make a meal for a dollar a night if I wanted to eat nothing but ramen and Vienna sausages. But I don't, because I'm OK paying a good money for good quality. Eric A. wants For Free, and For Legal, and I suspect will not spend money to get what he wants.
Maybe Danielle88 I'm not as interested in game show themes as you apparently are.  For the millionth and hopefully final time, I have better things to spend my $25.00 on.  Perhaps I'm a sports fan and would rather spend my $25.00 on a game ticket and program instead.  Maybe I thought the song I heard was cool and wanted to know if there was a site online here (without paying a fee)I could listen to it at.  If Danielle 88 wants to pay for a $25.00 site (or anyone else for that matter), more power to her.  But I'm not interested.  And more power to me.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 01:21:09 AM »
And in the link I provided, what you get...is utter crap.
Well, at least you're consistent.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 09:49:07 AM »
Maybe Danielle88 I'm not as interested in game show themes as you apparently are.
Maybe you obviously are, since you posted a question about a game show theme in a game show forum in search of an answer.

Just stop. You asked, not us.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:49:28 AM by DoorNumberFour »
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011, 02:43:09 PM »
Danielle88
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Nobody, least of all me, said or implied that I was a girl. And, for the record, I'm not (Daniel, not Danielle)...as you would've noticed had you looked at my profile page, where it clearly says MALE.

I'm with DoorNumberFour on this one.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Mr. Armadillo

Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 03:38:05 PM »
Maybe I thought the song I heard was cool and wanted to know if there was a site online here (without paying a fee)I could listen to it at.
Nope, sorry.  Sucks to be us (defined as 'people who aren't obsessed with television themes'), but the owners of the music are well within their rights to put them behind a paywall.  

Just because a music piece was used on free television airwaves doesn't mean we have a right to listen to them for free in perpetuity, no more than everyone has a right to the latest Katy Perry mp3 just because the song is broadcast on the radio.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:38:40 PM by Mr. Armadillo »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 03:46:25 PM »
but the owners
Seems like terminology is important here: licensees (for commercial use).
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 04:06:51 PM »
I don't know what the worst part of that exchange was- the fact that she still apparently is beating this dead horse or the fact she's attacking the wrong guy for calling her a dude. (Relax Travis. I'm not saying she should switch gears.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 04:15:52 PM »
(Relax Travis. I'm not saying she should switch gears.)
Hm what?
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 05:01:20 PM »
(Relax Travis. I'm not saying she should switch gears.)
Hm what?

Thought that was pretty self explanatory.

I'm not suggesting she start attacking you.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 05:04:52 PM »
Thought that was pretty self explanatory.

I'm not suggesting she start attacking you.
Excellent, glad to hear it. :) I was unaware that I would be under attack, and surely I can take care of myself.

Carry on, Nothing To See Here.
Travis L. Eberle

DJ !mpact

Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 10:14:22 PM »
[font="Arial"]So does this mean the electric guitar cue (as contained in the Youtube vid) is not available anywhere online (whether free or for-pay) at this time?[/font]
"You're SIMS to me!" :-)

Rob's GAME $HOW Trading Site