Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feud Faceoff cue  (Read 10540 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 12:24:35 AM »
I don't think it says $4.00.  More like $25.00 or something to that extent.  
What you think and what is reality are very different.

And I don't think I should have to pay a fee to listen to some online site.  Especially, when I can go on Youtube, or Television Tunes and can listen to others for FREE.
Why not? What makes you so special that you should get to break the rules?
Travis L. Eberle

erica

Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 09:04:42 PM »
I don't think it says $4.00.  More like $25.00 or something to that extent.  
What you think and what is reality are very different.

And I don't think I should have to pay a fee to listen to some online site.  Especially, when I can go on Youtube, or Television Tunes and can listen to others for FREE.
Why not? What makes you so special that you should get to break the rules?
Well EXCUSE ME!!  Maybe I have more important things to spend my $25.00 on.  And maybe it's just one theme I want to hear and can listen to the others for free elsewhere.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 09:31:28 PM »
Well EXCUSE ME!!  Maybe I have more important things to spend my $25.00 on.
Who's got two thumbs and doesn't get to hear that cue?

/um, you do have two thumbs, right?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

pacdude

Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 09:44:52 PM »
Hey look, Erica has a demand and the TVPMM has the supply of it. Let this be a lesson in economics: many Americans are entitled and don't think paying for things they want is fair. These people are dumbasses.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:55 PM »
And hoarding television themes somehow is fairer?

(I'm not defending Erica's fanaticism because there isn't any defense for it but I don't fully believe the money going into the coffers at TVPMM is being used for anything more than web hosting costs. If gaining rights to the music was so important why was he so freely displaying most of said music on the website before? Am I the only crazy one who thinks that's just a slight bit suspicious? Maybe I'm missing something but it raises a red flag on my end, going from "here's what we have now" to "you gotta pay to see my collection".)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 10:50:16 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something but it raises a red flag on my end, going from "here's what we have now" to "you gotta pay to see my collection"

For argument's sake: perhaps he thought having the Paypal tip jar alone would generate the revenue necessary to keep the site going, and realized later a more formal system would need to be in place? Perhaps he underestimated how much bandwidth the site would consume in its "free" form? You see the theme obsessives all over YouTube, and they must have racked up the plays on some of the cues. Perhaps he wanted to attract more music to the collection (and site) by having a private tier, and ensuring those contributing that the site was legit, both in license and in security. That's just the start of my "perhaps" sentences.

There's virtually never total transparency when it comes to how your money is spent: business, charity or otherwise. But I get the feeling, with all the time and energy spent on the site and how the material is handled, that this is more a labor of love that he wants to share, and he doesn't want to be the musical equivalent of a YouTube channel whose reams of old game shows are taken down because of one click-happy lawyer. By paying to make everything legal, he gets to continue doing it, and continue growing the stash. My brow has been raised a time or two with the site and its announcements, but I enjoy what I pay for.

My opinion.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Matt Ottinger

Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 11:08:41 PM »
Keep in mind that plenty of themes and cues are available from sources other than TVPMM, and several of those sources are free.  

If TVPMM is offering something for a price, and you don't want to pay that price, then you don't get what he has to offer, and he doesn't get your money.  That's the way it works.  Not a terribly complicated concept.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 11:18:50 PM »
Well, okay then. Now I grasp it better. Ain't gotta like it, but I get it.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

erica

Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 02:22:05 PM »
You know what?  Excuse me for having higher priorities to spend my money on.  Maybe spending $25.00 is not a high priority to me.  And you know what else?  I have the right to my opinion.  I just happened to hear that theme and thought it was cool and wanted to know where I could hear the full version.  And again, I didn't want to have to pay $25.00, which again I have bigger priorities to spend my money on. I guess I can skip buying the theme and spend MY $25.00 on something for my little niece instead.  Maybe spending $25.00 on a game show theme is a big deal to most of you, but it apparently isn't for me.  All I wanted is to know if there was somewhere online for free that I could listen to it.  I certainly didn't want to cause an uproar.

pacdude

Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 03:40:21 PM »
You know what?  Excuse me for having higher priorities to spend my money on.  Maybe spending $25.00 is not a high priority to me.  And you know what else?  I have the right to my opinion.  I just happened to hear that theme and thought it was cool and wanted to know where I could hear the full version.  And again, I didn't want to have to pay $25.00, which again I have bigger priorities to spend my money on. I guess I can skip buying the theme and spend MY $25.00 on something for my little niece instead.  Maybe spending $25.00 on a game show theme is a big deal to most of you, but it apparently isn't for me.  All I wanted is to know if there was somewhere online for free that I could listen to it.  I certainly didn't want to cause an uproar.

You do that. I'm gonna go listen to the theme.

/and here's your long distance dedication.

clemon79

Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 04:03:22 PM »
I have the right to my opinion.
You do indeed. So:

No, there is nowhere else online, to the best of anyone's knowledge, that is legally posting this theme for you to listen to for free.

(And you're not getting crap for asking, you're getting crap for copping a serious 'tude when someone suggested a solution. "I'm not interested in subscribing, thanks, is there a free alternative?" might have gone better for you, I suspect. And if it didn't, at least it's not on you.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 04:04:29 PM by clemon79 »

Brian44

Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 06:37:27 PM »

This guy doesn't dig this woman like he thought he would.

Steve Gavazzi

Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 07:42:28 PM »
All I wanted is to know if there was somewhere online for free that I could listen to it.
And we told you.  And then you decided you didn't like our answer and threw a hissy fit.  (And are still throwing it, actually.)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 08:41:02 PM »
First, here's a game show theme collection for $6. I'm just the messenger.

Maybe spending $25.00 on a game show theme is a big deal to most of you, but it apparently isn't for me.
To be clear, it's $25 for six-month access to about 500+ TV themes in master quality. It averages out to $4.19 a month, which is pretty affordable. And you're not exactly "buying the theme" -- you're buying access to it.

All I wanted is to know if there was somewhere online for free that I could listen to it.
TVPMM is the only place I know of where the music is legally available. While yes, there are free methods to get that music, most (if not all) of them were not legally allowed to do so (I'm sure at least some of us recall T.Q.'s Game and Reality Show Themes Page); TVPMM's membership fees go directly toward paying the music fees to allow the songs to be present. Further, some of those "free" methods can put your computer at serious risk of viruses, which could end up costing more than $25 depending on your level of protection.

/not a member of TVPMM
//still respect it, though
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:58:09 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

clemon79

Feud Faceoff cue
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2011, 09:21:31 PM »
Sure there's free methods, but all of them are considered illegal
You certainly seem to know a lot about everything that is on the Internet.