Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Games Across America starts 1/3  (Read 4824 times)

cmjb13

Games Across America starts 1/3
« on: December 02, 2003, 06:23:51 PM »
From GSN.com

GAME SHOW NETWORK PRODUCES
SATURDAY NIGHT INTERSTITIAL PROGRAMMING:
“GSN’S GAMES ACROSS AMERICA”

GAMES ACROSS AMERICA covers such local competitions as National Wife Carrying Contest, Turtle Races and Cow Chip Bingo, Among Others

(HOLLYWOOD, CA)– Game Show Network (GSN) is expanding its game-related programming spectrum to include original Saturday night interstitials titled, GAMES ACROSS AMERICA. GAMES ACROSS AMERICA is a series of weekly interstitial segments that will air on Saturday nights beginning January 3 from 9:00pm – 12:00AM E.S.T.

Hosted by Kurt Long, GAMES ACROSS AMERICA travels from coast to coast covering some of North America’s one-of-a-kind and uncommon events and competitions including Flugtag (man-made flying devices), Cow Chip Bingo Extravaganza (yep! They use actual chips), and the Fourth International World Rock Paper Scissors (Roshambo, to aficionados) Tournament of Champions, among a host of others. Each week, host Long interacts with the crowd and game participants, and delves deeply into the content.

Long, who hails from Dighton, Massachusetts got his start with the “Tonight Show with Jay Leno” as a production assistant, using the opportunity to show off his comedic timing and witty banter. Leno took notice and cast him in one of several sketches on the show. Soon after, he starred in a series of Award winning commercials for the Los Angeles Dodgers, along with many other national network spots. Additionally, Long was a series regular on the UPN sitcom “Abby,” playing the role of Miles.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

chuckwooleryfan

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 12:35:31 AM »
I was wondering where this went after November came and went with nothing whatsoever on this block.

Oh well, at least I know now. Now I'll just wait and then watch it to see if it strikes a chord.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 08:23:42 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 2 2003, 06:23 PM\'] From GSN.com

GAME SHOW NETWORK PRODUCES
SATURDAY NIGHT INTERSTITIAL PROGRAMMING:
“GSN’S GAMES ACROSS AMERICA”

GAMES ACROSS AMERICA covers such local competitions as National Wife Carrying Contest, Turtle Races and Cow Chip Bingo, Among Others

(HOLLYWOOD, CA)– Game Show Network (GSN) is expanding its game-related programming spectrum to include original Saturday night interstitials titled, GAMES ACROSS AMERICA. GAMES ACROSS AMERICA is a series of weekly interstitial segments that will air on Saturday nights beginning January 3 from 9:00pm – 12:00AM E.S.T.

Hosted by Kurt Long, GAMES ACROSS AMERICA travels from coast to coast covering some of North America’s one-of-a-kind and uncommon events and competitions including Flugtag (man-made flying devices), Cow Chip Bingo Extravaganza (yep! They use actual chips), and the Fourth International World Rock Paper Scissors (Roshambo, to aficionados) Tournament of Champions, among a host of others. Each week, host Long interacts with the crowd and game participants, and delves deeply into the content.

Long, who hails from Dighton, Massachusetts got his start with the “Tonight Show with Jay Leno” as a production assistant, using the opportunity to show off his comedic timing and witty banter. Leno took notice and cast him in one of several sketches on the show. Soon after, he starred in a series of Award winning commercials for the Los Angeles Dodgers, along with many other national network spots. Additionally, Long was a series regular on the UPN sitcom “Abby,” playing the role of Miles. [/quote]
 If someone is planning GSC-12(?) for next Summer, they ought to let the people who will run Games Across America know that they're doing a "convention". Maybe it will get our board and our sort-of annual conventions some more exposure.

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 09:02:05 PM »
Is this the BIG news that they were talking about? I ask because I honestly do not know.

The Inquisitive One
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 09:02:23 PM by TheInquisitiveOne »
This is the Way.

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 05:23:32 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Dec 3 2003, 09:02 PM\']Is this the BIG news that they were talking about? I ask because I honestly do not know.[/quote]
Nope--it was the Evan Marriott show announcement.

Not big to us, but they at least made the "People in the News" columns in most papers and probably got mentions on "ET," "Access," "Extra" and "E! News Daily."