Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Really short-lived rules  (Read 23485 times)

tpirfan28

Really short-lived rules
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
How long did Match Game PM only have two rounds?
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Really short-lived rules
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2011, 07:57:33 PM »
I don't recall this rule, but apparently on Wink's Tic Tac Dough, in the bonus game, for a very brief time, you had to get EXACTLY $1,000 to win the game.  I don't ever recall seeing an episode with that rule, and haven't been able to find any video of that either.
And I'm gonna call shenanigans on that, because I saw the very first episode of the nighttime show (the first episode to use the Tic-Tac-Dragon game), and this was never the case near as I remember.

Citation needed. Proof or Not Real. Etc.
Well, allegedly, this came in sometime during the run, not off the bat.

Note I said allegedly.  I couldn't find any episodes featuring the bonus game on Youtube from 1983 itself.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:00:38 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Really short-lived rules
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2011, 09:57:45 PM »
One season, IIRC.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Marc412

Really short-lived rules
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2011, 09:57:58 PM »
For the first several episodes of Cash Cab, each game started with 5 $25 questions instead of just 4.

SamJ93

Really short-lived rules
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2011, 12:54:21 AM »
Don't forget the "Buy a Vowel" space that existed for at least the first few months of Wheel (long enough, at least, to find its way into the first MB home game).  I've never been quite clear on whether contestants could still buy vowels even without landing on the space, though.
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Really short-lived rules
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2011, 03:00:32 AM »

Note I said allegedly.  I couldn't find any episodes featuring the bonus game on Youtube from 1983 itself.
Then my declaration of shenanigans stands, since nobody but nobody seems to be able to cite any proof whatsoever.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Really short-lived rules
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2011, 03:01:36 AM »
Don't forget the "Buy a Vowel" space that existed for at least the first few months of Wheel (long enough, at least, to find its way into the first MB home game).  I've never been quite clear on whether contestants could still buy vowels even without landing on the space, though.
They could.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Really short-lived rules
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2011, 09:07:13 AM »

The entire first season.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Really short-lived rules
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2011, 11:32:46 AM »
They could.

Which makes one wonder why they bothered with a wedge in the first place. I mean if you hit Buy a Vowel and didn't have the money, or all the vowels were revealed, you lost your turn, right?
Bobby Peacock

Kevin Prather

Really short-lived rules
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2011, 04:02:40 PM »
Which makes one wonder why they bothered with a wedge in the first place. I mean if you hit Buy a Vowel and didn't have the money, or all the vowels were revealed, you lost your turn, right?
If buying the vowel was compulsory upon landing upon the space, that's the only thing that would make the space relevant. If you can buy a vowel when not on the space, and you can not buy a vowel when on the space, then the space might has well have been "Would You Like A Cookie".

SamJ93

Really short-lived rules
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2011, 04:55:34 PM »
If buying the vowel was compulsory upon landing upon the space, that's the only thing that would make the space relevant. If you can buy a vowel when not on the space, and you can not buy a vowel when on the space, then the space might has well have been "Would You Like A Cookie".

Throw in the toss-up puzzle lockouts from 25 years later, and the space could say "Hit the Buzzer, Win a Cookie!"

/too obscure?
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Steve Gavazzi

Really short-lived rules
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2011, 05:15:38 PM »
Throw in the toss-up puzzle lockouts from 25 years later, and the space could say "Hit the Buzzer, Win a Cookie!"

/too obscure?
Nah, I don't think so.

/HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY, CAT!

Jay Temple

Really short-lived rules
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2011, 08:32:40 PM »
I don't know what happened if there were none left. I don't recall seeing a game in which a person with an insufficient bank landed on a space. However, I did see a still once that showed a negative bank. It would appear that such a player was compelled to buy a vowel, and this was the result.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

tvwxman

Really short-lived rules
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2011, 09:10:13 PM »
I don't recall this rule, but apparently on Wink's Tic Tac Dough, in the bonus game, for a very brief time, you had to get EXACTLY $1,000 to win the game.  I don't ever recall seeing an episode with that rule, and haven't been able to find any video of that either.
And I'm gonna call shenanigans on that, because I saw the very first episode of the nighttime show (the first episode to use the Tic-Tac-Dragon game), and this was never the case near as I remember.

Citation needed. Proof or Not Real. Etc.

I cannot show proof, other than to say that I remember this as well. I thought it was an odd change, and can't for the life of me imagining it lasted that long.

But I do remember it....and all I have to back it up is my reputation. ;)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Really short-lived rules
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2011, 10:25:09 PM »
I did see a still once that showed a negative bank. It would appear that such a player was compelled to buy a vowel, and this was the result.
Where did you see the picture? I tried various searches on Google, to no avail (and I'm fully aware that it may have been in a book).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:10:54 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...