Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lingo tonight  (Read 12782 times)

Kevin Prather

Lingo tonight
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 02:08:44 PM »
Has GSN never heard of "the word was discarded, and the show edited"?
I noticed two subtle ways the show manages to save money:
Answered your own question there.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Lingo tonight
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 02:28:35 PM »
But it did feature a team that put DICKS and SEMEN up on the screen.
That had to have been a bitch to clean off.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

Lingo tonight
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 02:47:58 PM »
Bitch. B-I-T-C-H.

itiparanoid13

Lingo tonight
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 02:53:17 PM »
This version of "Lingo" opted for an episode which ended with a blowout in the main game and a team that froze up in the bonus round. But it did feature a team that put DICKS and SEMEN up on the screen.

Given the screener I was given, the debut episode was a vast improvement.  This was episode 39 of 40.  This was just about as good as they could iron everything out in 40 episodes.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:56:07 PM by itiparanoid13 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Lingo tonight
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 03:21:56 PM »
Given the screener I was given, the debut episode was a vast improvement.  This was episode 39 of 40.  This was just about as good as they could iron everything out in 40 episodes.
I remember when they used to do that in something called "run-throughs."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bandit_bobby

Lingo tonight
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 03:46:31 PM »
What I'm afraid of is that most of the teams will come from the rejected contestant department of "Let's Make a Deal" & "The Price is Right".

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Lingo tonight
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 05:25:37 PM »
When I wasn't putting my left hand over my eye in the facepalm/shoulda hadda V8 pose, yes.
Well, someone sure as hell had 8, that's for sure.
This post amused me.

Sounds like I shouldn't regret not having GSN on my Verizon cable package.
This signature is currently under construction.

itiparanoid13

Lingo tonight
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 10:41:38 PM »
I was out tonight, but from what I was told, tonight's Lingo is the brutal episode I, the fake press, was given to try to promote the show and get you excited for it.  It was impossible.

bandit_bobby

Lingo tonight
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 10:54:13 PM »
Another thing I also would like to see them add in Bonus Lingo is that for each correct word, a letter in the word LINGO will be lit.

Kevin Prather

Lingo tonight
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 11:51:31 PM »
Another thing I also would like to see them add in Bonus Lingo is that for each correct word, a letter in the word LINGO will be lit.
One thing I'd like to see is the contestant podium shifted about three inches stage right. That's just me though.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Lingo tonight
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 01:35:32 AM »
I'd like to see a team that's able to finish the job when given the clue "It comes at the end" and the letters D E A T _, instead of just blankly staring and laughing. Or having teams turn their dorsal side to the camera when plucking a ball from the racks.

But man, now that you mention it, that LINGO-meter, that's gold. What was I thinking.
Travis L. Eberle

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Lingo tonight
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 04:23:24 PM »
Bitch. B-I-T-C-H.

Over/under on how long it takes before someone guesses that? I say... one episode.
Bobby Peacock

That Don Guy

Lingo tonight
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 09:15:13 PM »
Wednesday's episode...
Is the show in ratings trouble if they have to show a $100,000 win on the third episode?

Then again, didn't GSN pull Bingo America 2 (or whatever the revised version was called) after five episodes?

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Lingo tonight
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 09:32:03 PM »
Then again, didn't GSN pull Bingo America 2 (or whatever the revised version was called) after five episodes?
It last two seasons, iirc.
This signature is currently under construction.

MTCesquire

Lingo tonight
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2011, 04:24:47 PM »
I hear everyone's complaints about how the show now is playing to the lowest common denominator as far as innuendo goes but let's not pretend that "Scrabble" was completely innocent with its clues.  The first one that comes to mind immediately was from the last episode of the original run: "Tammy Faye (Baker) has two big ones".  Turned out to be "Eyelashes" but still.  And do I even have to bring up "Match Game" which was pretty much as raunchy as it could get as far as game shows in the '70s?

Times have changed and the list of what's not acceptable on TV is shrinking by the day, but I don't think it's such a terrible thing that the new producers of "Lingo" wanted to take a more edgier route with its words/clues.  My main complaint with the new season is the same one I have with game shows in general nowadays; dumbass, over-the-top caricatures of what a typical game show contestant is supposed to be like.  Case in point: the episode with the two Cuban guys vs. the team with the "Shoeish" lady.  Felt like watching Laverne & Shirley vs....two Cuban guys (any help with a pop culture parallel to that would be greatly appreciated).