The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

The Price is Right question

(1/1)

JayC:
How come after the opening when they show the contestants, the IUFB bid displays have the old green borders, but once they show the first IUFB, the borders become that silver marble border?

Neumms:
I haven't noticed that, but let me add a question.

Why in the 32 years of contestants asking Bob to repeat all the bids haven't they added a scoreboard they can all see? Or someone with a chalkboard they can wheel away while the winner comes on stage?

cmjb13:
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 11:49 AM\']I haven't noticed that, but let me add a question.

Why in the 32 years of contestants asking Bob to repeat all the bids haven't they added a scoreboard they can all see? Or someone with a chalkboard they can wheel away while the winner comes on stage?[/quote]
Not every IUFB has people asking to hear the bids again.

It's probably not worth the effort.

Gus:
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 12:31 PM\'] How come after the opening when they show the contestants, the IUFB bid displays have the old green borders, but once they show the first IUFB, the borders become that silver marble border? [/quote]
 Maybe it has to do with the camera angle. The sides are probably still green, while the front is that marbly... er, actually, I think it's more of a sparkly silver, but that's just me.

HYHYBT:
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 12:49 PM\'] Why in the 32 years of contestants asking Bob to repeat all the bids haven't they added a scoreboard they can all see? [/quote]
 People don't read signs. At least, a lot of them don't. And the same people who don't read signs are the ones who don't listen either, and therefore would need one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version