Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hosts Who Did More Than One Show On The Same Network  (Read 9416 times)

Mr. Armadillo

Hosts Who Did More Than One Show On The Same Network
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2011, 09:19:49 AM »
I checked Wikipedia to see if anyone's hosted two on FOX, but it doesn't look like that's the case.  J.D. Roth (Fox's Fun House/Unan1mous), Wayne Brady (Don't Forget the Lyrics/Celebrity Duets), and Mark Wahlberg (Moment of Truth/Temptation Island) have all hosted a game show and a reality show, but no one's got two game shows.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »
I checked Wikipedia to see if anyone's hosted two on FOX, but it doesn't look like that's the case.  J.D. Roth (Fox's Fun House/Unan1mous), Wayne Brady (Don't Forget the Lyrics/Celebrity Duets), and Mark Wahlberg (Moment of Truth/Temptation Island) have all hosted a game show and a reality show, but no one's got two game shows.
It's a stretch but you can make a case for Kevin Pollak.  He hosted My Little Genius and hosts Million Dollar Money Drop.  My Little Genius might not have aired, but Pollak did host those shows.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:43:32 AM by MikeK »

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 09:43:43 AM »
Are we looking for only game shows?  If not, an even better example for Mr. Clark is ABC Pyramid and Bandstand.

I prefer a better, later example with Clark.  Simultaneously, he was hosting Pyramid on CBS, Bandstand on ABC, and Bloopers on NBC.  Remember that this was before FOX.  So he was literally on all the networks every week.
(Sorry kids -- with the way PBS does scheduling, I just can't call it a network)
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Ian Wallis

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2011, 12:40:56 PM »

Going back to game show hosts, here's a few examples:

Tom Kennedy (I'm excluding stuff like A Date With the Angels and About Faces)
ABC -- Doctor I.Q., Split Second, You Don't Say, Break the Bank
CBS -- Whew!, Body Language
NBC -- The Big Game, You Don't Say, 50 Grand Slam, Name That Tune, To Say the Least, Password Plus, Body Language

Alex Trebek
ABC -- Super Jeopardy!
CBS -- Double Dare
NBC -- The Wizard of Odds, High Rollers, Battlestars, Classic Concentration, To Tell the Truth

Bill Cullen (again, host only)
ABC -- The Price Is Right, Blankety Blanks
CBS -- Give and Take, Place the Face, Name That Tune, I've Got a Secret, Pass the Buck, Child's Play
NBC -- Winner Take All, Bank on the Stars, Down You Go, The Price Is Right, Three on a Match, Winning Streak, Chain Reaction, Blockbusters, Hot Potato

You get the idea.

You can also add in syndication for the above three - Tom with Price is Right, Alex with Jeopardy and Bill with $25,000 Pyramid.

The only other one I can think of off the top of my head that would fit is Peter Tomarken (ABC Bargain Hunters, CBS Press Your Luck, NBC Hit Man, syndication Wipeout).
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2011, 01:19:54 PM »
The only other one I can think of off the top of my head that would fit is Peter Tomarken (ABC Bargain Hunters, CBS Press Your Luck, NBC Hit Man, syndication Wipeout).
Eubanks would too (ABC - NEWLYWED/TRIVIA TRAP, NBC - many, CBS - CS86, synd - NEWLYWED/DIAMOND HEAD).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Johnissoevil

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2011, 03:44:33 PM »
(Sorry kids -- with the way PBS does scheduling, I just can't call it a network)

I always saw PBS as "non-commercial syndication."  Back to the topic of the thread...

Jim Lange
ABC-The Dating Game, the weeklong Newlywed Game special in 1984
CBS-Give N Take, Spin Off
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2011, 04:06:16 PM »

I always saw PBS as "non-commercial syndication."  Back to the topic of the thread...

Jim Lange
ABC-The Dating Game, the weeklong Newlywed Game special in 1984
CBS-Give N Take, Spin Off
Since you mentioned PBS and Jim Lange, one of the PBS stations in Michigan (WGVU) ran "Take My Word For It" around 84-85, a few years after the initial run.  I guess it qualified as somewhat educational.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2011, 05:35:16 PM »

Going back to game show hosts, here's a few examples:

Tom Kennedy (I'm excluding stuff like A Date With the Angels and About Faces)
ABC -- Doctor I.Q., Split Second, You Don't Say, Break the Bank
CBS -- Whew!, Body Language
NBC -- The Big Game, You Don't Say, 50 Grand Slam, Name That Tune, To Say the Least, Password Plus, Body Language

Alex Trebek
ABC -- Super Jeopardy!
CBS -- Double Dare
NBC -- The Wizard of Odds, High Rollers, Battlestars, Classic Concentration, To Tell the Truth

Bill Cullen (again, host only)
ABC -- The Price Is Right, Blankety Blanks
CBS -- Give and Take, Place the Face, Name That Tune, I've Got a Secret, Pass the Buck, Child's Play
NBC -- Winner Take All, Bank on the Stars, Down You Go, The Price Is Right, Three on a Match, Winning Streak, Chain Reaction, Blockbusters, Hot Potato

You get the idea.

You can also add in syndication for the above three - Tom with Price is Right, Alex with Jeopardy and Bill with $25,000 Pyramid.

Monty Hall...

ABC-Let's Make a Deal
CBS-Beat the Clock
NBC-LMaD, It's Anybody's Guess

/I know this stuff like the back of my own hand, but can't remember what I had for dinner the other night
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!