Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Overall Ratings  (Read 2808 times)

mmb5

GSN Overall Ratings
« on: April 30, 2011, 08:43:48 AM »
Got a cool new tool at work.  One of the things I can see are overall ratings.

For Feb. 2011, GSN had an 0.19 full day rating, putting it 39th among all cable channels.  The prime time rating was .24, putting it 41th.  These are both improvements over the year prior (.16 and .18 respectively).  This puts them roughly in the same neighborhood as The Weather Channel, Travel Channel and ESPN2.

The Hub was .04 all day, .05 primetime, putting it in the mid 70s.  Comparable networks ratings-wise include Centric and ESPNews.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

vtown7

GSN Overall Ratings
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 12:51:06 PM »
Mike - thanks for the information, quite neat.  Out of curiosity, how many total cable channels are they rated out of?

Ryan.

mmb5

GSN Overall Ratings
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 05:16:15 PM »
Mike - thanks for the information, quite neat.  Out of curiosity, how many total cable channels are they rated out of?

Ryan.
90ish.  If you're scoring at home, VH-1 Classic was the lowest rated channel.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Matt Ottinger

GSN Overall Ratings
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:07:14 PM »
Undoubtedly, the bean counters will say that the problem is demographics.  The median age of a GSN viewer is probably around 117.  Still, top-40 in an increasingly crowded cable universe doesn't seem that bad to me, especially for something that's always going to have a niche appeal no matter how fast and loose they play with the idea of 'games'.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

itiparanoid13

GSN Overall Ratings
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 10:19:23 AM »
For what it's worth this guy posts a lot of full day GSN ratings.  That link is to ratings for April 26th.  Quite a bit through there as well, showing the big troubles that their overhaul of the schedule is casing.

Vahan_Nisanian

GSN Overall Ratings
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 11:47:16 AM »
Who's the webmaster for Son of the Bronx? Casey Abell? Memories of him make me cringe, even when I'm sitting here, thinking about them.

itiparanoid13

GSN Overall Ratings
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 01:25:09 PM »
No, it's someone a lot more grounded in reality and less annoying who helps out on PIFeedback.com.  Douglas Pucci.