Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vanna For A Day  (Read 2587 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Vanna For A Day
« on: January 04, 2011, 07:28:44 PM »
Once all of the video entries have been submitted, viewers can vote on five different candidates. So I want to know what you guys think: is this just a one-off gimmick, or could this be the beginning of the replacement process? Not saying that the winner of this contest is going to be replacing Vanna next season, but I cant help but think that the producers are using this as a way to look toward the future.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 07:30:49 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Vanna For A Day
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »
I'm thinking about how surprised I would be if Wheel's gone 25+ years and not done this at least once before.
This signature is currently under construction.

Jeremy Nelson

Vanna For A Day
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 07:42:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'253928\' date=\'Jan 4 2011, 06:37 PM\']I'm thinking about how surprised I would be if Wheel's gone 25+ years and not done this at least once before.[/quote]
That's why I'm so surprised....i thought that they would have done this a couple times back when Wheel was red hot..now, there's no more "Vannamania", so there really doesn't seem to be an outright reason for the contest.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

bradhig

Vanna For A Day
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 07:53:46 PM »
The current puzzle board could run by itself.  The letters are revealed at the end of each round by themselves so why would they need anyone pressing the  borders?

FPGWillyT

Vanna For A Day
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 08:35:10 PM »
Looks to me like Mike Richards is now producing Wheel!

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Vanna For A Day
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 08:37:19 PM »
[quote name=\'bradhig\' post=\'253930\' date=\'Jan 4 2011, 07:53 PM\']The current puzzle board could run by itself.  The letters are revealed at the end of each round by themselves so why would they need anyone pressing the  borders?[/quote]

Because even to this day, "Vanna" is pretty much the first thing people think of when they think of Wheel. She's inextricably part of the show.

Although, if she does retire, I wonder what Tricia Gist is up to...
Bobby Peacock

BrandonFG

Vanna For A Day
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 08:44:22 PM »
[quote name=\'FPGWillyT\' post=\'253936\' date=\'Jan 4 2011, 08:35 PM\']Looks to me like Mike Richards is now producing Wheel![/quote]
Harry Friedman has a loooooooooong way to go before he ever gets that bad.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

J.R.

Vanna For A Day
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 09:10:15 PM »
I can think of a certain "Loon" in Maryland that has already submitted a video... ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:10:53 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

Don Howard

Vanna For A Day
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 08:41:20 PM »
That's right, baby. That crone is yesterday's news. You've caught on to Sony's master plan, haven't you, boy?
THE BEGINNING OF THE END, indeed. Hey, great puzzle for a future show.

peiboy91

Vanna For A Day
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 02:32:19 AM »
They've made available a downloadable toolkit for those submitting videos. It includes graphics, a background animation, and sound effects from the show including a full version of the opening theme.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Vanna For A Day
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 03:11:33 AM »
[quote name=\'peiboy91\' post=\'254146\' date=\'Jan 6 2011, 11:32 PM\']They've made available a downloadable toolkit for those submitting videos. It includes graphics, a background animation, and sound effects from the show including a full version of the opening theme.[/quote]
Thanks for this! WAY cleaner than the Puzzle Reveal I've been using as computer and phone sound effects for the longest time.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe