Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Million Dollar Password bonus round question  (Read 1796 times)

That Don Guy

Million Dollar Password bonus round question
« on: July 21, 2010, 06:25:14 PM »
I am not sure this ever happened, but on MDP, if the celebrity is giving the clues and they make it past the fourth level, which, if any, of these happens:
(a) The contestant has to decide whether to continue or stop without anybody seeing the words;
(b) The celebrity sees the six words, then "suggests" to the contestant whether to continue or stop, but the contestant makes the choice;
© 2010 (how do you turn off special character substitution - turning off "Enable emoticons" doesn't work)
(d) The celebrity sees the six words and makes the choice for the contestant (somehow, I don't see that happening)?

-- Don

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 09:01:46 PM »
B: The pair are allowed a limited dialogue to decide whether to play or not.
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 09:02:26 PM »
Choice B. From the official rules (I never throw anything out.):

For the $250,000 level only, the Clue Giver is shown all of the Passwords of those levels, one at a time, for three (3) seconds each before the contestant must decide and declare definitively (as determined by Producer and Network in their sole discretion) whether they will continue the game or stop.  After the words have been shown to the contestant, the Host prompts the contestant for their decision to quit or to continue playing.  If the celebrity is acting as the Clue Giver, then a limited amount of dialogue is allowed for the celebrity to advise the contestant about their level of confidence with the next group of Passwords, but the final decision whether to stop the game or continue must always come from the contestant.

J.R.

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 09:04:50 PM »
So, if I understand this right...

It would be okay if the celeb went "These are a good set of words, I think we can do this" or "These look hard, maybe you should walk"?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 09:05:16 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

chad1m

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 09:20:34 PM »
Yep.

chrisholland03

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 11:00:29 PM »
I really wish there were an opportunity to switch positions between each round, or at least the ability for the contestant to call 'switch' in between rounds (obviously before the next round's words are shown).

Sodboy13

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 11:42:13 PM »
Whereas Chad simply wishes there was an opportunity to pick the celebrity partner going into the bonus round.

FWIW, Ginger Simpson made strong suggestions to me during the break that I should have Norm MacDonald be the clue-giver for my bonus round.   Did the celeb ever give during the bonus round in the series?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

chad1m

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 11:48:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'244669\' date=\'Jul 21 2010, 11:42 PM\']Whereas Chad simply wishes there was an opportunity to pick the celebrity partner going into the bonus round.[/quote]Womp womp.

[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'244669\' date=\'Jul 21 2010, 11:42 PM\']FWIW, Ginger Simpson made strong suggestions to me during the break that I should have Norm MacDonald be the clue-giver for my bonus round.   Did the celeb ever give during the bonus round in the series?[/quote]Once: Craig Ferguson in the second game of that episode.