Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Price is Right" new announcer auditions  (Read 61883 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
"Price is Right" new announcer auditions
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 01:50:52 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'244485\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 09:41 AM\']This is starting to read like whenever a team fires a football coach and fans start expecting the team to hire John Madden or Bill Parcells.[/quote]
It always does. I'm waiting for someone to suggest that Fremantle hire Sean Connery.

/wait, I'd watch that
//"Sean, can you get me another player?"
///"I was a player with your MOTHER last night, Carey!"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 01:51:28 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Mr. Brown

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2010, 03:55:50 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'244485\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 11:41 AM\']This is starting to read like whenever a team fires a football coach and fans start expecting the team to hire John Madden or Bill Parcells.[/quote]

You forgot Mike Ditka.

/We shall never forgive him for Ricky Williams.
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2010, 04:03:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Brown\' post=\'244496\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 12:55 PM\']You forgot Mike Ditka.[/quote]
Will never forget Dit-ka
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

1984Gameshowsfan

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2010, 06:02:57 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'244430\' date=\'Jul 18 2010, 09:17 AM\'][quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'244429\' date=\'Jul 18 2010, 12:04 PM\'][quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'244427\' date=\'Jul 18 2010, 07:57 AM\']Another possibility that comes to my mind is Dee Baker.[/quote]
Drew:  Molly, you're going to play Clock Game.  And if you can guess the prices of both prizes within 30 seconds, you'll not only win the cash bonus, but a fabulous trip.
Audience:  To WHERE, Dee???[/quote]
I was thinking he could be Olmec...

Drew:  We have a great prize for you!  Olmec?
Olmec:  *grrrrroan* You can win a trip to Paris to look for The Ragged Jock Strap of Napoleon Bonaparte.

/Please, no.
Indeed.  He's busy with American Dad!, voicing the fish.  The fish's name has slipped my mind...;-)
[/quote]

Actually that's not the only show that Dee Baker is doing voices for; he's voicing a character named, I kid you not: Franklin Fruitmeyer, as well as a few other characters for the new Scooby Doo show called Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated on Cartoon Network(of which i'm a big fan).

Come to think of it Scooby Doo Mystery Inc has quite a few big names in the voice cast: Patrick Warburton(the voice of Joe on Family Guy) is the voice of the sheriff of the town where the gang lives, Vivica A. Fox, who is the voice of a Disc Jockey, Lewis Black, who is the voice of a character called Mr. E and of course the usual cast members, which include Mindy Cohn, Frank Welker, Grey DeLisle and replacing Casey Kasem as Shaggy is Matthew Lillard. Plus the show is actually really good and quite a few non Scooby fans have expressed their positive reviews of it.

cacLA8383

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2010, 06:10:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Brown\' post=\'244496\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 02:55 PM\'][quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'244485\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 11:41 AM\']This is starting to read like whenever a team fires a football coach and fans start expecting the team to hire John Madden or Bill Parcells.[/quote]

You forgot Mike Ditka.

/We shall never forgive him for Ricky Williams.
[/quote]

Neither will the city of New Orleans.

DrBear

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2010, 08:47:12 PM »
The Bears Still Suck Polka by the Happy Schnapps Combo.

How many times must we take this disgrace
    Another Bears fan throwing insults in our face
    The Packers are the greatest team to ever play the game
    Even if from time to time they've been a little lame

How could you ever love a team with Jim McMahon
    Not even Porky Pig was as big a ham
    They got a reputation that's mostly based on luck
    The Bears…Still…Suck

The Bears still suck, the Bears still suck
    They really really really really really really suck
    Yes the Bears…Still…Suck

If you drive to Soldier Field they make you pay a toll
    For cripes sake they only won one lousy Super Bowl
    They make fun of Wisconsin, but we don't get upset
    Where do you think that they're all headed every chance they get

We don't really hold a grudge 'cause this is all in fun
    As far as football rivalries we're both number one
    Still we wouldn't mind seeing Ditka run over by a truck
    'Cause the Bears…Still…Suck

Yes the Bears…Still…Suck

(All the ladies now) The Bears still suck, the Bears still suck
    Yes the Bears…Still…Suck

(Everybody now) The Bears still suck, the Bears still suck
Yes the Bears…Still…Suck…HEY !!
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »
So which improv comedian announced today's taping? Surely word has leaked out by now.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2010, 08:51:17 PM »
I thought the word was that J.D. Roberto would be filling in for a while.

dale_grass

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2010, 10:38:57 PM »
[quote name=\'1984Gameshowsfan\' post=\'244505\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 05:02 PM\']... and of course the usual cast members, which include ... Frank Welker, ...[/quote]

Geez, can't he find any other work?

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2010, 10:43:40 PM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'244536\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 10:38 PM\'][quote name=\'1984Gameshowsfan\' post=\'244505\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 05:02 PM\']... and of course the usual cast members, which include ... Frank Welker, ...[/quote]

Geez, can't he find any other work?[/quote]
No such thing as "too much work"

[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'244526\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 08:51 PM\']I thought the word was that J.D. Roberto would be filling in for a while.[/quote]
Oh sure, he stops hosting the Live show after I go.

/Seen him host twice!
//Not that bad, actually
This signature is currently under construction.

Fedya

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2010, 10:45:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'244537\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 10:43 PM\'][quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'244536\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 10:38 PM\'][quote name=\'1984Gameshowsfan\' post=\'244505\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 05:02 PM\']... and of course the usual cast members, which include ... Frank Welker, ...[/quote]

Geez, can't he find any other work?[/quote]
No such thing as "too much work".[/quote]
You try hosting all 25 hours of the Today show.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

gsgalaxy82

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2010, 11:16:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'244526\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 08:51 PM\']I thought the word was that J.D. Roberto would be filling in for a while.

/Seen him host twice!
//Not that bad, actually[/quote]

Totally agree. In fact, when I heard he'd be a fill in announcer, I said "He's doing the wrong job.".....Anyways, I think a good announcer/comedian would be Gary Kroeger. He's a comedian, a heck of a announcer...why not? Of course, I want Randy or Burton to get the job, but he'd be a good compromise.

David

BrandonFG

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2010, 11:59:48 PM »
[quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' post=\'244544\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 11:16 PM\'][quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'244526\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 08:51 PM\']I thought the word was that J.D. Roberto would be filling in for a while.

/Seen him host twice!
//Not that bad, actually[/quote]

Totally agree. In fact, when I heard he'd be a fill in announcer, I said "He's doing the wrong job.".....Anyways, I think a good announcer/comedian would be Gary Kroeger. He's a comedian, a heck of a announcer...why not? Of course, I want Randy or Burton to get the job, but he'd be a good compromise.
[/quote]
Y'know he's got experience with Fremantle as both a host and announcer, and is a former Saturday Night Live cast member. That's actually a pretty good option.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BillCullen1

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2010, 09:13:23 AM »
[quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' post=\'244544\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 11:16 PM\']Totally agree. In fact, when I heard he'd be a fill in announcer, I said "He's doing the wrong job.".....Anyways, I think a good announcer/comedian would be Gary Kroeger. He's a comedian, a heck of a announcer...why not? Of course, I want Randy or Burton to get the job, but he'd be a good compromise.

David[/quote]

I believe I read somewhere a couple of years back that Gary Kroeger was no longer in the world of show biz. He could've changed his mind since. If they're actually looking for a comedian, forget mainstream announcers like Randy or Burton.

colonial

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2010, 09:44:51 AM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'244555\' date=\'Jul 20 2010, 09:13 AM\'][quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' post=\'244544\' date=\'Jul 19 2010, 11:16 PM\']Totally agree. In fact, when I heard he'd be a fill in announcer, I said "He's doing the wrong job.".....Anyways, I think a good announcer/comedian would be Gary Kroeger. He's a comedian, a heck of a announcer...why not? Of course, I want Randy or Burton to get the job, but he'd be a good compromise.

David[/quote]

I believe I read somewhere a couple of years back that Gary Kroeger was no longer in the world of show biz. He could've changed his mind since. If they're actually looking for a comedian, forget mainstream announcers like Randy or Burton.
[/quote]

Gary Kroeger now resides in Iowa where, as of a few years back, he worked for a Cedar Falls-based advertising agency...

http://www.mudd.com/news.aspx?nid=2

JD