The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Marc Summers Dialing Up Hannity Today

(1/3) > >>

Skynet74:
I frequent another Message Board and happened to find this post about Marc Summers. Seems like Marc may spend some time listening to Talk Radio. Could a Radio job be next on Marc's Resume'? I've enclosed the post in full below.

John

Subject: Marc Summers Dialing Up Hannity Today
Posted by: DiamondJoe
Posted on: 11/17/03 10:50 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone hear that awkward yet exciting yet dumb call during Hour 1 of Sean Hannity today? Allegedly, TV personality Marc Summers (the "Double Dare" guy who now does a show on Food Network - he started his call by saying this, btw) called Sean out on being a Rush imitator. Can that listener who called in later that hour be right, is Marc auditioning for liberal talk radio? Anyone else hear this? What was that about?

DJ

inturnaround:
Yeah, I just listened to it on Hannity.com (and I feel dirty about going to that site). To me, Marc came across well and Hannity instantly jumped on him, calling him a liar and mocking him for hosting a show about "the history of the tomato" (Sean's words) on the Food Network.

Marc clearly didn't want to discuss his career. He identified himself as someone in the industry. But Hannity pushed and Marc said he hosted Unwrapped (which led to the aforementioned oversimplification).  

Hannity took Marc's statement about his show becoming a Rush clone hard and he came out swinging. He called Marc a liar and a liberal even though Marc never said he was a liberal (nor did he seem to espouse any politicial ideas).

Apparently Hannity was told by a producer that Marc had hosted Double Dare, so he used it to insult him. Marc said he was proud of his work on the show and that it had paid a lot of bills in the past.

Hannity somewhere along the line indicated that Marc couldn't understand radio and that's where Marc stopped him. Marc, of course, has a lot of radio experience...but that didn't stop Hannity from mocking Marc anyway.

Then they brought on another caller who said that Marc's OCD caused him to obsess over Hannity's show.

It wasn't pretty, but Marc didn't look bad in my eyes. Hannity just came across as a shouting bully (which, I suppose, is his schtick).

chris319:

--- Quote ---He called Marc a liar and a liberal
--- End quote ---
Lots of people get called liars but a LIBERAL! Them's fightin' words! Hannity could have gone one step further and called him a CARD-CARRYING liberal!

I suppose being equated with Rush Limbaugh is tantamount to being called a pompous blowhard. Hannity's not quite that bad.

HSquares2003:
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 10:52 AM\']
--- Quote ---He called Marc a liar and a liberal
--- End quote ---
Lots of people get called liars but a LIBERAL! Them's fightin' words! Hannity could have gone one step further and called him a CARD-CARRYING liberal!

I suppose being equated with Rush Limbaugh is tantamount to being called a pompous blowhard. Hannity's not quite that bad. [/quote]
 And a oxycontin(sp?) drinking blowhard at that!

ChuckNet:

--- Quote ---He called Marc a liar and a liberal even though Marc never said he was a liberal (nor did he seem to espouse any politicial ideas).
--- End quote ---

I always thought Marc was more on the conservative side after seeing a FDD ep where he followed a question about Dan Quayle w/the line "No Quayle jokes".

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version