Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Now entering the studio... IBM  (Read 7062 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Now entering the studio... IBM
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 09:38:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'242806\' date=\'Jun 21 2010, 10:35 AM\'](Now, if you think the writing of the show needs to change for its own sake, and you are rooting for this exercise to be rendered worthless as a means to that end, more power to you.)[/quote]There's certainly a line to walk. The $1,000 clue shouldn't be cheaped up to be as hard as a $600 when you add in the word play and whatnot, but you're also doing a TV show, and if the $1,000 clues are not only the most difficult but so hard to comprehend that the viewers tune out, that doesn't work either.

If they're going to do this, it should be under lab conditions, but I would be interested to see if the game changes as a result.
Travis L. Eberle

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2010, 12:34:10 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'242819\' date=\'Jun 21 2010, 09:38 PM\']If they're going to do this, it should be under lab conditions[/quote]
I can't think of any way for it not to be, other than maybe a stunt week in October similar to BtS or normal celeb weeks.
This signature is currently under construction.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2010, 12:39:47 AM »
I meant to agree with Chris: the questions shouldn't be changed to help or hinder the computer program. Whether it plays against Ken Jennings and Frank Spangenberg or the next two players on the contestant roll is up to the show.
Travis L. Eberle