Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime Emmy nominations announced  (Read 10303 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Daytime Emmy nominations announced
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 06:26:39 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'242811\' date=\'Jun 21 2010, 02:53 PM\']Ryan Seacrest will intro the Dick Clark/American Bandstand tribute.[/quote]
One broadcaster to another. Love it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 06:42:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'242812\' date=\'Jun 21 2010, 06:26 PM\'][quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'242811\' date=\'Jun 21 2010, 02:53 PM\']Ryan Seacrest will intro the Dick Clark/American Bandstand tribute.[/quote]
One broadcaster to another. Love it.[/quote]
Hell, Seacrest is the new public face of the music industry.  I can't think of anyone relevant that's a better fit.
This signature is currently under construction.

BrandonFG

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 06:46:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'242813\' date=\'Jun 21 2010, 06:42 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'242812\' date=\'Jun 21 2010, 06:26 PM\'][quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'242811\' date=\'Jun 21 2010, 02:53 PM\']Ryan Seacrest will intro the Dick Clark/American Bandstand tribute.[/quote]
One broadcaster to another. Love it.[/quote]
Hell, Seacrest is the new public face of the music industry.  I can't think of anyone relevant that's a better fit.
[/quote]
Agreed. Given Clark's career and Seacrest's resume' (not to mention the New Year's Eve specials), it makes perfect sense!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SteveR

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2010, 09:27:43 PM »
And, in the entirety of the tribute segment, the closest we got to a mention of Pyramid was in Donny Osmond's taped piece when he said "you taught me to host a classic game show."

It was all about Bandstand.

BrandonFG

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2010, 09:30:51 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'243169\' date=\'Jun 27 2010, 09:27 PM\']And, in the entirety of the tribute segment, the closest we got to a mention of Pyramid was in Donny Osmond's taped piece when he said "you taught me to host a classic game show."

It was all about Bandstand.[/quote]
That kinda annoyed me (just a tad), being Bandstand mostly aired on Saturdays, while Pyramid was at least a daily daytime show. Would've been nice to see Pyramid get a little love, but oh well...

Come to think of it, what was up with the tribute being so early?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:32:26 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

tpirfan28

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2010, 09:36:04 PM »
That was one amazing tribute piece.  Yes, I would have wanted more of an all-around tribute, but the way they took it was great in itself.

I really preferred it early.  The first fifteen minutes were tedious as all get out.

BTW:  Cash Cab wins.

/Donny: you should have learned more from Dick about that game show....
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

SteveR

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 09:36:04 PM »
And, Cash Cab makes it three in a row as best Game Show.

BrandonFG

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »
Cash Cab wins again. Is this two or three in a row?

chad1m

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2010, 09:38:42 PM »
Third.

It's a good show but Emmy worthy? Eh.

tpirfan28

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2010, 09:52:54 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'243176\' date=\'Jun 27 2010, 09:38 PM\']It's a good show but Emmy worthy? Eh.[/quote]Should have figured out a way to retroactively given it to Pyramid.

So I stuck through this for a while longer...they are doing a text poll - Best Game Show Host: Trebek/Sajak/Clark/Barker.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Mr. Brown

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2010, 10:54:04 PM »
I wasn't even aware Cash Cab was still on...

Good show, nonetheless.
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2010, 11:38:33 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243170\' date=\'Jun 27 2010, 09:30 PM\']Would've been nice to see Pyramid get a little love, but oh well...[/quote]
Yeah, it's a minor downer, but American Bandstand was essentially what got Dick Clark the tribute.  It was going to get the brunt of the attention regardless.

I guess the next question is do the Grammys follow suit?
This signature is currently under construction.

Jay Temple

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2010, 01:08:20 AM »
Are you asking whether the Grammys will honor the guy who created the American Music Awards because ABC couldn't get the rights to the Grammys?
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

William A. Padron

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2010, 10:45:21 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243170\' date=\'Jun 27 2010, 09:30 PM\'][quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'243169\' date=\'Jun 27 2010, 09:27 PM\']And, in the entirety of the tribute segment, the closest we got to a mention of Pyramid was in Donny Osmond's taped piece when he said "you taught me to host a classic game show."

It was all about Bandstand.[/quote]
That kinda annoyed me (just a tad), being Bandstand mostly aired on Saturdays, while Pyramid was at least a daily daytime show. Would've been nice to see Pyramid get a little love, but oh well...

Come to think of it, what was up with the tribute being so early?
[/quote]

Also, one of of the show's presenters that night did mention Clark as one of those of winning the Best Game Show Host Award before.  While it was quite understandable from the ceremony's point of view to praise him solely associated with Bandstand, it was a bit of a disappointment (but should have expected that) from the tribute to him by leaving out Pyramid. Clark did look pretty good sitting in the audience, alongside with his wife Kari.
[Take The "A" Train]

entguy1

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2010, 12:04:24 PM »
Like much of the show, it was a good way to use the Vegas talent they had at hand. Not a soap fan, but watching it for game and talk categories (Were there any childrens programming awards?), it was OK. My biggest beef was the producer using the show to sell his D-grade syndicated shows and stars.

But considering the awards almost weren't going to be televised at all, after the debacle last year on the CW, I guess we should be glad it's been given two hours on a network.