Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Carnie out, but Newlywed continues  (Read 6010 times)

BrandonFG

Carnie out, but Newlywed continues
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 03:06:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'245241\' date=\'Jul 30 2010, 02:58 PM\']Kind of odd that she would give up her game show host gig because of some minor litigation.[/quote]
Then again, would you want to work for your employer after taking them to court? I mean, if they owe her the money, then definitely pay up, but I can't see her comfortably going back to work with them after that's all said and done...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

Carnie out, but Newlywed continues
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 03:58:15 PM »
A lot of the above speculation seems to assume that Carnie left the show voluntarily.  At least one tabloid story suggests otherwise, you'll note that she's not quoted in the GSN press release, and historically, when it comes to a B-level star on a B-level show, it's usually the production company that's looking to make the change.  This could be a quarter million dollars worth of sour grapes from a recently fired host.  The timing is certainly interesting, at the very least.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.