Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker menitoning other versions of TPIR on-air?  (Read 2470 times)

cmjb13

Barker menitoning other versions of TPIR on-air?
« on: November 15, 2003, 12:07:04 PM »
Did Barker ever mention/plug/comment on-air about the James, Kennedy, or Davidson's versions?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2003, 12:07:25 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Casey Buck

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 06:41:20 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 15 2003, 09:07 AM\']Did Barker ever mention/plug/comment on-air about the James, Kennedy, or Davidson's versions?[/quote]
According to this thread, a Clock Game contestant only watched the Dennis James version of TPiR, so Bob said "A ha! So Dennis has taught you the Clock Game!".

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 07:14:15 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 15 2003, 12:07 PM\'] Did Barker ever mention/plug/comment on-air about the James, Kennedy, or Davidson's versions? [/quote]
 I know he made a couple of references to Davidson's version in late 1994 and early 1995. One time, someone was thinking upon seeing the Davidson version that the CBS run had ended, or changed hosts, or something to that effect.

I have a vague memory of one contestant mentioning Tom Kennedy's run in 1986 on the CBS TPIR.

HSquares2003

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 05:47:17 PM »
And I think Davidson's version quite frankly p***ed Barker off because people thought HIS show was going off when it was just Doug's doing so.

jrjgames

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 06:31:14 PM »
I think so too, I remember seeing people from the audience ask and Barker had to again say that his show was still on the air, he DID not look happy.

However, I backstage at CBS when Barker arrived one day and walking down the hall with him Doug popped out from Y&R and Barker was very nice to him...but that could be show business! :)

John

ChuckNet

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2003, 07:16:29 PM »
I know he made a couple of references to Davidson's version in late 1994 and early 1995. One time, someone was thinking upon seeing the Davidson version that the CBS run had ended, or changed hosts, or something to that effect.

A similar gambit took place when the daytime Weakest Link started...I recall Chri$ L! saying how he finally took his address of the WL page so he didn't have to answer any more e-mails from lesser-informed fans who wanted to know why Anne quit/got fired/etc.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2003, 07:19:30 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Nov 16 2003, 06:31 PM\']
However, I backstage at CBS when Barker arrived one day and walking down the hall with him Doug popped out from Y&R and Barker was very nice to him...but that could be show business! :)

John [/quote]
 Remember, we first found out about Davidson hosting TnPIR94 in early 1994, when TPIR and Y&R squared off on Feud. Bob and Doug were playing the first Bullseye question, when BOb mentioned about Doug hosting the new nighttime version. Guess which version is still on the air :)

rugrats1

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 12:27:00 AM »
I think so too, I remember seeing people from the audience ask and Barker had to again say that his show was still on the air, he DID not look happy.

I wonder if Bob had to endure the same questions regarding the previous 2 syndicated versions (with Tom Kennedy in 1986 and himself in 1979).