Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Skimping on Music Cues Now?  (Read 5633 times)

dale_grass

TPIR Skimping on Music Cues Now?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 10:31:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Bill\' post=\'237068\' date=\'Mar 7 2010, 04:00 AM\']Alright, how about "Big Banana - Trombones" and "Big Banana - Rhythm Vamp" (Yes, it exists!  I found it on one of the Score Productions demo reels!)?[/quote]
I seriously doubt such a track exists.
Besides, why on earth would a composer release a song with some of the instruments missing?
If such a magical source of demo reels and other television production music exists, the rest of us would like to be privy to such a site.

Also, I'm sick to death of people using the word vamp when they really mean alternate mix or the like.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 01:12:58 PM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'237071\' date=\'Mar 7 2010, 10:31 AM\']I seriously doubt such a track exists.
Besides, why on earth would a composer release a song with some of the instruments missing?
If such a magical source of demo reels and other television production music exists, the rest of us would like to be privy to such a site.[/quote]
I don't know what reel he's talking about, but I wouldn't be surprised if the cues exist -- many of TPIR's songs have a ton of different remixes.  For example, I think every cue in the '94 package has, like, 10 different versions.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 07:27:21 PM »
I'm assuming he's referring to this demo page which has "The Big Banana (Rhythm)" listed under Robert Israel 70's demos (#9).

Since this specific mix isn't in the audio system, it wouldn't have a number.

Steve is however right, there were many many mixes of each cue, even back in the 70s.  There are nearly 50 cuts of the Main Theme.

Mr. Bill

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 08:36:11 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' post=\'237112\' date=\'Mar 7 2010, 07:27 PM\']I'm assuming he's referring to this demo page which has "The Big Banana (Rhythm)" listed under Robert Israel 70's demos (#9).

Since this specific mix isn't in the audio system, it wouldn't have a number.

Steve is however right, there were many many mixes of each cue, even back in the 70s.  There are nearly 50 cuts of the Main Theme.[/quote]
Thanks, John, I forgot to include the link.  Look around the site a while -- recent additions include a page for Price Is Right -- USA.  There you can find the 2007 version of the theme, some of the Killer Tracks cuts, and, so far, four of the current Michael Karp cuts.

dale_grass

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 09:27:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Bill\' post=\'237114\' date=\'Mar 7 2010, 08:36 PM\']Thanks, John, I forgot to include the link.  Look around the site a while -- recent additions include a page for Price Is Right -- USA.  There you can find the 2007 version of the theme, some of the Killer Tracks cuts, and, so far, four of the current Michael Karp cuts.[/quote]
According to previous postings by reputable characters, TVPMM won't make public the original music until the show is off the air.

Here's the plan: everyone go to see Price with a well-endowed female friend.  When the camera pans the crowd, have her discretely lift her shirt.  When the episode airs, call the FCC to complain that your day care kids were watchin' that, fer cryin' out loud!  Repeat as necessary until the show is pulled for the sake of our children's innocence.  Then we shall garner great aural pleasures! Buhuwahahahaha!

Mr. Bill

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 07:46:39 PM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'237119\' date=\'Mar 7 2010, 09:27 PM\'][quote name=\'Mr. Bill\' post=\'237114\' date=\'Mar 7 2010, 08:36 PM\']Thanks, John, I forgot to include the link.  Look around the site a while -- recent additions include a page for Price Is Right -- USA.  There you can find the 2007 version of the theme, some of the Killer Tracks cuts, and, so far, four of the current Michael Karp cuts.[/quote]
According to previous postings by reputable characters, TVPMM won't make public the original music until the show is off the air.
[/quote]
As I understand that, the agreement is to not make public anything Score Productions had done.  As far as I know, Michael Karp is not part of Score Productions.  Either way, his music is available on that page.  Besides, my definition of "the original music" is confined to the original 1972 package, as well as the 1974 package.

As to your "plan", I've got a better, easier idea.  Turn off your TVs, don't watch the show.  Once the ratings drop, Price will be history!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 07:49:15 PM by Mr. Bill »

dale_grass

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 11:57:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Bill\' post=\'237176\' date=\'Mar 8 2010, 08:46 PM\']As to your "plan", I've got a better, easier idea.  Turn off your TVs, don't watch the show.  Once the ratings drop, Price will be history![/quote]

But what of the housewives in Tacomah?  Surely they won't stop watching.

Besides, truth be told, I've watched maybe a dozen episodes since Drooooo took over.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 01:41:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Bill\' post=\'237176\' date=\'Mar 8 2010, 04:46 PM\']As to your "plan", I've got a better, easier idea.  Turn off your TVs, don't watch the show.  Once the ratings drop, Price will be history![/quote]
Despite the bitching and moaning, you couldn't pry most of these folks away from TPiR with a crowbar.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe