Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: France 2 network to have "shocking" game show...  (Read 1394 times)

weaklink75

France 2 network to have "shocking" game show...
« on: February 14, 2010, 07:27:19 PM »
..but it's not what you think it is. (if you know your psychology, you'll know what it's actually about when you see these clips).

http://www.youtube.com/user/LaZoneXtreme

I think this is a clever way to do a program like this- this is sort of like the "hoax" about the kidney donation reality show a couple of years back. It's supposed to air sometime in the next few weeks (I don't know French, so I'm going by translations here)...and be glad this isn't actually real...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 07:29:01 PM by weaklink75 »

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 07:40:43 PM »
Reminds me of The Chamber.

...I just hope it isn't intended to trick us into thinking it's fake.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:02:45 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 07:51:35 PM »
Australia's version of "The Mole" had their own version of the Milgram experiment. The "toughest" of the lot was taken away and secretly given impromptu acting lessons. The group was taken to the location and shown the tough guy strapped in a chair. The group had to answer twenty questions to add money to the pot; but every wrong answer increased the shock level to be endured by the tough guy. If the group decided to stop the game before getting to 20, the tough guy won a free pass to the next episode.

As a hoax, I thought it was just barely above the level of bad taste (the tough guy came out, looked around, asked why everyone was so concerned and revealed the hoax, and the group moved on to whatever was next) and I really don't see a way you could do that sort of thing more than once, especially after people have seen the show.
Travis L. Eberle

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 07:58:18 PM »
William Shatner starred in an interesting drama special around 1976 called "The Tenth Level," about the Milgram experiment.  I remember it was shot on video tape, but I haven't seen it since it first aired.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

weaklink75

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'235892\' date=\'Feb 14 2010, 07:58 PM\']William Shatner starred in an interesting drama special around 1976 called "The Tenth Level," about the Milgram experiment.  I remember it was shot on video tape, but I haven't seen it since it first aired.[/quote]

Amazing what can be found on youtube...