Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity J! spoof on Leno  (Read 2336 times)

brianhenke

Celebrity J! spoof on Leno
« on: October 16, 2003, 11:58:16 PM »
The Tonight Show has a Celebrity Jeopardy! parody tonight with Jay Leno hosting "Arnold Schwarzenegger" (ironically, it was the real Ah-huld who announced his successful California governor bid on Tonight), "Martha Stewart" and Gilbert Gottfried as "John" (sorry, didn't get his name!) YOU FOOLS!

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 03:32:18 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Oct 16 2003, 08:58 PM\'] and Gilbert Gottfried as "John" (sorry, didn't get his name!) YOU FOOLS!
 [/quote]
 Ol' Gilbert was playing the role of John Edward, a "medium" in every sense of the word. Sean Connery he wasn't.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 09:19:20 AM »
The woman playing Martha Stewart almost looked like Marianne Curan.  I know she does impressions and at least at one point fancied herself to be a comic actress.  Anybody know whether it was her?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 11:39:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Oct 17 2003, 08:19 AM\']The woman playing Martha Stewart almost looked like Marianne Curan.  I know she does impressions and at least at one point fancied herself to be a comic actress.  Anybody know whether it was her?[/quote]
While I didn't see the sketch in question (I was flicking back and forth between Dave and the Boston/NY Yankees game), I do know that Curan has done an impression of Martha Stewart previously (when she was promoing WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN) so it very well could've been her.

If no one saw it, it's on again next Thursday overnight for most of the nation.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 03:40:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Oct 17 2003, 08:19 AM\']The woman playing Martha Stewart almost looked like Marianne Curan.  I know she does impressions and at least at one point fancied herself to be a comic actress.  Anybody know whether it was her?[/quote]
Well, she has been in a couple of films and did improv elsewhere before moving to LA.  Here's her IMDB page (and yes, I know the limitations of the IMDB).

WhammyPower

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 07:31:27 AM »
The video of said event is now up at The Tonight Show Site

reason1024

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2003, 04:42:05 AM »
Thanks for the link!  Is Celeb J! a regular feature?  It seems like a actor-heavy version of Carson's Carnac skit -- a good way to use that humor device.

"A little Dab'll do ya."

*rips open envelope"

"What Dabney Coleman says to all his dates!"

Mike / reason