Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Worst Of The Bunch...  (Read 32492 times)

davemackey

The Worst Of The Bunch...
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2009, 10:22:39 PM »
Here's a producer we haven't broached yet: Bill Carruthers Productions. "The Neighbors", anyone?

GrandMasterGalvatron

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2009, 11:10:12 PM »
I'm surprised "Moment of Truth" hasn't shown up in this thread, or are we just dismissing everything that ever came from FOX.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2009, 03:39:36 AM »
[quote name=\'GrandMasterGalvatron\' post=\'227669\' date=\'Oct 4 2009, 10:10 PM\']I'm surprised "Moment of Truth" hasn't shown up in this thread, or are we just dismissing everything that ever came from FOX.[/quote]FOX merely aired Moment of Truth.  I believe Howard Schultz's production company was behind it.

Several good game shows have aired on FOX, but I can't recall any they actually did in house.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Don Howard

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2009, 06:02:14 PM »
I can't give it to What's Going On? because Lee Bowman is so darned dashing.
Choose Up Sides, to me, is the G-T show I like the least. Replacing Bob Kennedy with Gene Rayburn was a wise move, however.
For H-Q, as much as I like the theme music, I give my WotB nod to Hot Seat.
[quote name=\'Kaos\' post=\'227607\' date=\'Oct 4 2009, 03:57 AM\']I'm surprised nobody has mentioned........[/quote]
Ahhhhhhhhhh!! That sentence. That damned sentence!!!!!

inturnaround

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2009, 06:29:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'227776\' date=\'Oct 5 2009, 06:02 PM\']Ahhhhhhhhhh!! That sentence. That damned sentence!!!!![/quote]

I just have Greasemonkey replace that sentence with the phrase, "Look how much more clever I think I am than you..."
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Eric Paddon

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2009, 06:47:56 PM »
For Fishman-Freer, you can only choose between two and it's a no-brainer to say that "Diamond Head Game" was their worst effort.

"Child's Play" actually gets my vote for the least interesting G-T show I've ever seen.

TimK2003

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2009, 07:13:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Eric Paddon\' post=\'227781\' date=\'Oct 5 2009, 06:47 PM\']For Fishman-Freer, you can only choose between two and it's a no-brainer to say that "Diamond Head Game" was their worst effort.[/quote]

Actually, there were three:  Dealers Choice, Diamond Head, and Fun Factory. And I would have to lean towards Fun Factory -- It was not in a factory nor was it really fun...Discuss.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2009, 08:03:39 PM »
I forgot about "Fun Factory" and I would agree, that was the worst of the three.    At least "Diamond Head Game" gave us Jane Nelson!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2009, 08:45:53 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' post=\'227779\' date=\'Oct 5 2009, 03:29 PM\']I just have Greasemonkey replace that sentence with the phrase, "Look how much more clever I think I am than you..."[/quote]
That is ten pounds of win in a five-pound bag. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2009, 08:59:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Eric Paddon\' post=\'227781\' date=\'Oct 5 2009, 06:47 PM\']"Child's Play" actually gets my vote for the least interesting G-T show I've ever seen.[/quote]
I'm glad someone else said that.  I don't think it's the worst G-T game (hey, look, Uncle Bill!), but it's on my "most disappointing" list.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2009, 09:05:55 PM »
Griffin - One In A Million. Dull one-on-one version of To Tell The Truth where a contestant listened to four people telling their individual stories and had to guess which stories were true or false. Reach For The Stars wasn't far behind.

B&E - Pictionary. Dan Enright even called it a "throwaway" show which MCA used as a bonus to stations for buying other syndicated properties. The Floating Ping-Pong Ball end game was lame. I barely remember seeing one episode of Way Out Games with Sonny Fox, and it wasn't that impressive. Blank Check was just a Barry production, so I didn't list it under B&E.

G-T - Showoffs. Make The Connection was also one trip too many to the panel game show well.

H-Q - Hot Seat or Showdown? Flip a coin. When you get a winner, then put Temptation up against it and flip again. Like Blank Check, there was just no game there.  

Barris - How's Your Mother-In-Law?

Stewart - Blankety Blanks. Liked Shoot For The Stars, didn't care for Double Talk re-hash.

(Edit: Have to say I did not see either All About The Opposite Sex or Hold Everything, B&E's last hurrahs.)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 03:48:35 PM by The Ol' Guy »

davemackey

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2009, 06:50:49 AM »
[quote name=\'Eric Paddon\' post=\'227796\' date=\'Oct 5 2009, 08:03 PM\']I forgot about "Fun Factory" and I would agree, that was the worst of the three.    At least "Diamond Head Game" gave us Jane Nelson![/quote]
Best things about "Fun Factory" were Stan Worth leading the live band in studio. And that really tall, really funny Betty Thomas, later a respected director of such films as "The Brady Bunch Movie" and "Howard Stern Private Parts".

joker316

« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2009, 05:37:22 PM »
G-T: Child's Play - The novelty wore off real fast.

H-Q: Temptation - More like an exercise in ESP rather than a game.

B&E: What's worse, making a "throwaway show" (Pictionary), or butchering one of your classics (TTD'90)? It's a tie for me.

Griffin: Ruckus, just because it stole Reach for the Stars as the endround! Which made it go from bad to worse!

Stewart: Double Talk, enough already!

Barris: The Game Game. What was the game anyway?

Grundy: Time Machine. John Davidson. Nuff said!

Fremantle: CS'01 - Just for the audacity of reviving CS in name only!
Survival of the fittest...And besides...it's FUN!!!!  ...Daffy Duck

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2009, 08:27:51 PM »
[quote name=\'joker316\' post=\'228001\' date=\'Oct 7 2009, 02:37 PM\']Griffin: Ruckus, just because it stole Reach for the Stars as the end round! Which made it go from bad to worse![/quote] How can you steal from yourself?

Fremantle: CS'01 - Just for the audacity of reviving CS in name only!
I don't know who started the "Card Sharks in Name Only" thing, but I'd love to go back in time and give that person a strongly wagged finger for it.
Travis L. Eberle

gamed121683

« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2009, 09:05:13 PM »
TLEberle said, "How can you steal from yourself?"

I don't know...Ask this guy!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 09:05:53 PM by gamed121683 »