Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CBS @ 75; An NBC Clip?  (Read 6894 times)

HSquares2003

CBS @ 75; An NBC Clip?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2003, 10:48:00 AM »
I can't believe any of Clark's CBS Pyramids didn't make the clips. But then again, Gene Rayburn on MG was just a 2 second blip.

And on the Julie Chen comment, next thing you know, Jeff Probst will be going out with that gal from CBS Daytime programming(the one who appeared with Barker and Vinnedge on the PIR season 32 premiere) :D

cweaver

CBS @ 75; An NBC Clip?
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2003, 12:49:09 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Nov 3 2003, 05:49 AM\'] They did show $64,000 Question!

<snipped>

On NBC's 75th special, Diedre Hall asked Kelsey Grammer if there would be a salute to daytime & Kelsey said no. 

If I had been that Days of Our Lives star, I would've walked out of the audience on live tv in protest! [/quote]
I would've sworn there was no "$64,000 Question" on that CBS special.  But I went back and looked and sure enough, there was Hal March and he even uttered the phrase.  Must've been looking too hard for those Revlon isolation booths, or maybe it went by too fast.

As for Deidre Hall and the NBC special, she did at least star in a prime time series on that network as well ("Our House," co-starring Wilford Brimley), so it's not like her work was completely passed over.  But I always thought that gag Q&A session on the NBC special, took up way too much time that could've been used to show old B&W clips the producers obviously feared would scare away viewers.  Sunday's CBS special has proven that won't happen.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2003, 10:45:36 PM by cweaver »

Mike Tennant

CBS @ 75; An NBC Clip?
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2003, 01:18:19 PM »
[quote name=\'cweaver\' date=\'Nov 4 2003, 12:49 PM\']I would've sworn there was no "$64,000 Question" on that CBS special.  But I went back and looked and sure enough, there was Hal March and he even uttered the phrase.[/quote]
Ah, but did Barker then refer to it as the "Hal March Jackpot?"  There's the real test.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
CBS @ 75; An NBC Clip?
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2003, 01:27:04 PM »
[quote name=\'cweaver\' date=\'Nov 4 2003, 11:49 AM\'] But I always thought that gag Q&A session took up way too much time that could've been used to show old B&W clips the producers obviously feared would scare away viewers.  Sunday's CBS special has proven that won't happen. [/quote]
 Was it me, or was there a little glitch in the segment (seemed like a green screen appeared for a couple of seconds during the Jerry Lewis/Dean Martin clip)?

Just trying to make sure I'm not going totally bonkers (although it may be a bit late for that).  :-D

Doug -- soon to celebrate 200 posts
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

cweaver

CBS @ 75; An NBC Clip?
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2003, 10:44:10 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Nov 4 2003, 01:27 PM\'] Was it me, or was there a little glitch in the segment (seemed like a green screen appeared for a couple of seconds during the Jerry Lewis/Dean Martin clip)?

Just trying to make sure I'm not going totally bonkers (although it may be a bit late for that).  :-D [/quote]
 No Doug, you are not going bonkers, I noticed it too.  It's what happens when there's a control track or other glitch during a digital tape dub.  A very telling moment that hints the game show segment was possibly thrown together, hence the short shrift given "Match Game" and the complete snub of "Password," "Beat the Clock" and a few others.