Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PDF Schedules discontinued?  (Read 4902 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

PDF Schedules discontinued?
« on: September 02, 2009, 05:47:52 PM »
According to what I read on Buzzerblog's Twitter, the PDF schedules have been discontinued on their site due to a feud that they had with GSN. If that's true, then who is gonna take over uploading them?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:16:49 PM by gameshowlover87 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 06:47:46 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowlover87\' post=\'224747\' date=\'Sep 2 2009, 02:47 PM\']If that's true, then who is gonna take over uploading them?[/quote]
Perhaps...nobody?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rwalker

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 04:36:41 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'224748\' date=\'Sep 2 2009, 06:47 PM\'][quote name=\'gameshowlover87\' post=\'224747\' date=\'Sep 2 2009, 02:47 PM\']If that's true, then who is gonna take over uploading them?[/quote]
Perhaps...nobody?
[/quote]

Looks that way for sure.

CarShark

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 03:23:47 PM »
Perhaps this is where I show how little I know about showbiz, but how big of a feud could you possibly have about posting schedules?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 03:43:24 PM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' post=\'225048\' date=\'Sep 5 2009, 02:23 PM\']Perhaps this is where I show how little I know about showbiz, but how big of a feud could you possibly have about posting schedules?[/quote]
I could be wrong, but I don't think the feud was exactly about the posting of schedules.  But it's possible that as retribution for the feud that GSN blocked Buzzerblog's access to the skeds.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

itiparanoid13

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 12:31:16 AM »
I'm so sick of this feud thing after I've said over and over and over that any remote problem is over.  I admit I overreacted a bit when I said feud but there was a minor situation and it was settled, like I've repeated.  People like to pick and choose what they hear.  It's amazing that I can write about the situation with GSN on Twitter and people pick up on that quickly, and those same people completely ignore the messages saying that it's over on the same place.  It involved information about Newlywed Game leaking out.  Not the schedules.  Not some dumbass theory that I used the old Game Show Network logo.  Not some other dumbass theory that I bashed Big Saturday Night like everyone else.

Nothing was blocked.  Staff members at GSN drop constantly.  I just got two new PR people in the past two weeks.  Whenever someone new comes in I get dropped off because they have no clue what I am because, admittedly, I'm a relative nobody.  I email them asking for the schedules, and I'm told I get put on the distribution list.  To stop the death threats (literally) and several dozen emails that roughly equated to, "Put up the f'n schedules you lazy asshole," a few of which used basically those same exact words, I've talked to them and they said Friday I was added back to the distribution list.  Frankly I don't know I'm putting them back up because it's infuriating getting weekly emails about updating the schedules instead of "wasting time talking about Millionaire" (actual email).  It's no one from this board because you all are smart but the GSN boards went psychotic emailing me about it like their world was collapsing.

Edit: I just wanted to edit out swearing just in case.  Really sorry about that, I was just copying and pasting an email.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 01:27:53 AM by itiparanoid13 »

itiparanoid13

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 12:37:27 AM »
Should have included this.  The only thing of absolutely any note for the past few weeks is that classic primetime Password from the 60s is being added in mid September.

J.R.

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 01:03:19 AM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'225083\' date=\'Sep 5 2009, 11:31 PM\']To stop the death threats (literally) and several dozen emails that roughly equated to, "Put up the fucking schedules you lazy asshole," a few of which used basically those same exact words, I've talked to them and they said Friday I was added back to the distribution list.  Frankly I don't know I'm putting them back up because it's infuriating getting weekly emails about updating the schedules instead of "wasting time talking about Millionaire" (actual email).  It's no one from this board because you all are smart but the GSN boards went psychotic emailing me about it like their world was collapsing.[/quote]
It's stuff like the above that, sometimes, makes me ashamed and embarrassed to be a game show fan.
-Joe Raygor

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 01:32:16 AM »
There is a segment of the online game show fandom whose minds are so overwhelmingly fixated on game shows, and their own personal interests therein, that they have absolutely zero capacity for rational thought or common sense.  I've had a couple of those folks up my exhaust too, though not at the level of death threats. That's just deranged.  Attempting to reason with them or make them understand isn't going to bear any fruit.  Whether through mental incapacity or a staggering lack of perspective, they're simply not going to get it.  

For them, their particular fixation (be it Wheel of Fortune or freaking PDF files) overrides any capacity they may or may not have for behaving like a normal human being (or normal even by internet standards).  There are really only three options available in that kind of situation.  You can let them drive you insane, give in, and spend the next 5 years in their personal servitude, you can take away their toys (the things they're so obsessed with) and hope that works, or you can just ignore them outright.  

Though I hate to reduce it to this level, fundamentally there's little difference between their behavior and that of a small child.  Think of how to best deal with their temper tantrums.  1 is a bad idea in either case.  That just leaves it down to whether to punish them for their temper tantrum and hope they learn through negative reinforcement - or whether to ignore them and hope they eventually cry themselves out of it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 01:33:37 AM by Seth Thrasher »

pyrfan

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 02:11:11 AM »
For what it's worth, I really appreciate access to the .pdf files because it makes checking the accuracy of my episode guides that much easier. Ultimately, though, it's your site, and you gotta do what's right for you. Nobody should make you feel like you're obligated to post that info or, even worse, take you to task or threaten you for not doing so. That's just ridiculous.

Brendan

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 10:20:10 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'225095\' date=\'Sep 6 2009, 01:32 AM\']There is a segment of the online game show fandom whose minds are so overwhelmingly fixated on game shows, and their own personal interests therein, that they have absolutely zero capacity for rational thought or common sense...  

For them, their particular fixation (be it Wheel of Fortune or freaking PDF files) overrides any capacity they may or may not have for behaving like a normal human being (or normal even by internet standards)...  <snip!>[/quote]

You got that right.  Just to prove how bad it can get, just take a look at the Blackwood Code here and here.  I'll just let it speak for itself.

Remember, this is the same person from the infamous YouTube videos in this thread.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:25:23 AM by NicholasM79 »

Don Howard

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 10:49:02 AM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' post=\'225114\' date=\'Sep 6 2009, 10:20 AM\']Just to prove how bad it can get, just take a look at the Blackwood Code here[/quote]
He lost me at the word "ministry".

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 11:38:32 AM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'225091\' date=\'Sep 6 2009, 01:03 AM\'][quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'225083\' date=\'Sep 5 2009, 11:31 PM\']To stop the death threats (literally) and several dozen emails that roughly equated to, "Put up the fucking schedules you lazy asshole," a few of which used basically those same exact words, I've talked to them and they said Friday I was added back to the distribution list.  Frankly I don't know I'm putting them back up because it's infuriating getting weekly emails about updating the schedules instead of "wasting time talking about Millionaire" (actual email).  It's no one from this board because you all are smart but the GSN boards went psychotic emailing me about it like their world was collapsing.[/quote]
It's stuff like the above that, sometimes, makes me ashamed and embarrassed to be a game show fan.
[/quote]
To say that these losers (yes, losers) need to get a grip is a vast understatement. It baffles me that people get so worked up over a TV schedule.

Alex, you'd be better off not catering to them at all. It's not worth the headache or the hassle, and it's not fair to you, considering the work you, Cory, and many others put into your product.

F'in fanboi losers really work my damn nerves.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 01:03:50 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'225120\' date=\'Sep 6 2009, 11:38 AM\']F'in fanboi losers really work my damn nerves.[/quote]
Welcome to the Internet, where rabid fanaticism is more than just a sign of mental problems.

As a fan of both game shows and certain aspects of Japanese culture, I'm not sure if the two crazies offset or I'm just lucky enough to be raised properly.
This signature is currently under construction.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 03:07:41 PM »
There are so many nutbags that share my interests that I wonder about myself.
@lambertman