The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

CBS at 75

(1/2) > >>

DrBear:
Hope somebody provides a nice summary in here of any game appearances or other highlights; the Green Bay CBS-owned station dumped it to get the local rights to ESPN's coverage of the Packers-Vikings game. They're showing the CBS thing after the game...news....postgame show...maybe about 1 a.m. I ain't staying up.

Matt Ottinger:
This IS why God invented VCRs, you know.  

Not TiVo, though, as I'm just starting to learn.  Your local station almost certainly won't get the schedule change to the listing service in time for TiVo to recognize the dramatic time change.

OB Game Shows:  This morning, our local CBS affiliate ran the "Daytime TV" package the network provided them to push the Sunday special.  Despite the fact that the intro script referred to "those classic game shows", TPIR was the only one that was mentioned.

opimus:
You can manually set up a recording on Tivo.  1. Choose the"Pick programs to record option"n press select. Then click on "Record by time or channel" and follow the on- screen instructions,

Fedya:
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Nov 1 2003, 06:36 PM\'] Hope somebody provides a nice summary in here of any game appearances or other highlights; the Green Bay CBS-owned station dumped it to get the local rights to ESPN's coverage of the Packers-Vikings game. They're showing the CBS thing after the game...news....postgame show...maybe about 1 a.m. I ain't staying up. [/quote]
 You do realize that NFL rules require that the ESPN games be broadcast on one of the local over-the-air channels in the home market?  I'm sure the CBS station was contracted for this long before they knew the parent network would be airing a schedule that night.

GSWitch:
Don't feel bad.  The last time a local CBS affiliate carried an ESPN NFL game over something important; 1991 When the Washington DC CBS station had a Redskins Game which bumped the 7th game of The World Series!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version