Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PT Millionaire Haiku  (Read 3254 times)

ethanmx2

PT Millionaire Haiku
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 03:45:28 PM »
A stand of cedars,
A spaceship is taking off,
And I am tired.

Oh... wait.... never mind :P

Don Howard

PT Millionaire Haiku
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 04:31:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Kevin Prather\' post=\'222815\' date=\'Aug 12 2009, 05:40 PM\']I liked how the Aussie Live Millionaire did it. Just play the game like normal, no clock, then if it looks like the player's dragging their feet, throw up a one-minute clock for them to make up their mind. Hell, even make the clock :30 if you want, but don't use it 'til you need it.[/quote]
Mmmmm, that sounds it would be too much of a subjective decision as to when to start it which could lead to some cry-baby contestants crying foul: "You gave the hottie ten minutes before her clock went up and my fat hairy ass only got four. No fair! Where's my lawyer? I want invited back". If a clock is to be involved, I believe it must be consistent. That's my haiku.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:33:07 PM by Don Howard »

Kevin Prather

PT Millionaire Haiku
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 08:10:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'222915\' date=\'Aug 13 2009, 01:31 PM\'][quote name=\'Kevin Prather\' post=\'222815\' date=\'Aug 12 2009, 05:40 PM\']I liked how the Aussie Live Millionaire did it. Just play the game like normal, no clock, then if it looks like the player's dragging their feet, throw up a one-minute clock for them to make up their mind. Hell, even make the clock :30 if you want, but don't use it 'til you need it.[/quote]
Mmmmm, that sounds it would be too much of a subjective decision as to when to start it which could lead to some cry-baby contestants crying foul: "You gave the hottie ten minutes before her clock went up and my fat hairy ass only got four. No fair! Where's my lawyer? I want invited back". If a clock is to be involved, I believe it must be consistent. That's my haiku.
[/quote]
Couldn't it fall under the "Producer decisions are final" stipulation in the contestant release? Or could there be a similar stipulation?

tomobrien

PT Millionaire Haiku
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 08:16:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Kevin Prather\' post=\'222946\' date=\'Aug 13 2009, 07:10 PM\']Couldn't it fall under the "Producer decisions are final" stipulation in the contestant release? Or could there be a similar stipulation?[/quote]
You could say that, but it would make for a public relations nightmare if a disgruntled contestant (as opposed to a gruntled contestant) wanted to take it to the press.

Mike Tennant

PT Millionaire Haiku
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 09:13:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'222915\' date=\'Aug 13 2009, 04:31 PM\'][quote name=\'Kevin Prather\' post=\'222815\' date=\'Aug 12 2009, 05:40 PM\']I liked how the Aussie Live Millionaire did it. Just play the game like normal, no clock, then if it looks like the player's dragging their feet, throw up a one-minute clock for them to make up their mind. Hell, even make the clock :30 if you want, but don't use it 'til you need it.[/quote]Mmmmm, that sounds it would be too much of a subjective decision as to when to start it which could lead to some cry-baby contestants crying foul . . . [/quote]I see your point, but then I think, how much different is that from the three-second clock on Feud that Dawson could seemingly turn on and off at will?  Granted, Millionare is for much more money and is taken much more seriously, but the principle is the same:  let the contestant think for a while but eventually give him a time limit to keep the game moving.  I'm not saying I agree with it, only that it's not unprecedented.