The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Another Tribute To Rod

(1/2) > >>

cyberjoek:
On tonight's episode of This Hour Has 22 Miniutes (CBC's saterical news show) they did a funny tribute to Rod, at the end of the show they start the normal tribute "And  to our TV watching friends to the south please accept our condolances for the passing of The Price Is Right announcer Rod Roddy who died this week at the age of 64" as soon as she finished her fellow panel members shouted "higher higher" untill she reached 66 when bells started sounding like an exact bid during an IUFB.
Just a fun little tribute from our Northern Friends,
-Joe Kavanagh

Kniwt:
Actually, here's the transcript of what was said.  I happened to be taping 22 Minutes down here in the Province of Washington.

Cathy Jones: For all of us here at This Hour Has 22 Minutes, this is Sidney Debizzinchick,(*) saying to fans of "Price Is Right" announcer Rod Roddy, we will miss him, too.  And now, a moment of silence for Roddy, who died at the age of 65.

Rest of panel: HIGHER! HIGHER!

Jones: Okay, 67!

Rest of pannel: LOWER! LOWER!

Jones: 66?

SFX: bells

Booming offstage voice: Congratulations!  You've won a Brand New Car!

Jones: Oh!  Migawd!  Goodnight!

(*) That's how it came up on the closed captions.

inturnaround:
I wonder if SNL will mention it on tonight's episode during Weekend Update. Former game show co-host and racecar legend Colin Quinn mentioned Gene Rayburn's passing a few years back when Colin was the WU anchor.

He said, "Some sad news to report tonight: Gene Rayburn, the host of TV's long-running 'Match Game' died this week at the age of 81. In lieu of flowers the family asks that you send 'blank.'"

God gave us the ability to laugh so we wouldn't cry all the time.

joelvanderveen:
And for those who missed it (like I did), the CBC network will likely reair these programs next Tuesday evening.

drmusic_99:
I'd have to say the local news shows here in Canada did a pretty good job covering it... in fact, almost more than I'd expected.

And, watch for CNN's People in the News this weekend for another pretty good tribute. (It should air at least once more.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version