Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WWTBAM List of Celebrity players  (Read 7113 times)

rwalker

WWTBAM List of Celebrity players
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 08:49:18 PM »
Didn't want to make a new topic since we have this, but it appears WWTBAM could be doing full episodes on the ABC website. They already have some short previews of it. Given their history with putting their primetime shows on the web, this will be the first time a Regis version has been on abc.com

I know they did the "ITV" game back in the early 2000s, but "internet tv" was something that was still in the early stages with the 2004 remake.

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 10:59:03 PM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'222085\' date=\'Aug 5 2009, 11:57 AM\']Ken Jennings is the expert on Show # 8.[/quote]
I wonder if KenJen will mention his time in the "Play It!" Hot Seat in Anaheim in '04 (he brought this up in his book). I was pleasantly surprised he made it there, and even had the same host as when I played.

--Charlie
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

Thunder

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009, 11:10:36 PM »
If we're playing OddsMakers with that proposition, you can write down ZERO percent under my name.

>>>

I could see how that would go.

Jennings: I played this game when I was at Disneyland, but they've closed it down now because it fell out of popularity.

Regis: (silence)

Jennings: (silence)

Disembodied Producer Voice: CUT and everybody hold for a clean edit. Back in 5...4...3...

Hastin

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2009, 04:09:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Thunder\' post=\'222362\' date=\'Aug 8 2009, 08:10 PM\']Jennings: I played this game when I was at Disneyland, but they've closed it down now because it fell out of popularity.[/quote]

Sidebar: They didn't close it down due to falling out of popularity (it was still packing full shows on weekends), but because so many of us local Annual Passholders were showing up day, after day, after day, to play - that we would even see repeat questions from other stacks from weeks before. In Flordia, it worked better because of the number of tourists. However, in CA - the issue was all the locals (or the 'dog pack' as we called ourselves), wouldn't stop playing. I loved the attraction, and loved the game, and was sad to see it go.

//Ooo-ahh-ohh-:p
-Hastin :)