Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Live issues with vendors  (Read 4055 times)

rwalker

GSN Live issues with vendors
« on: June 24, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »
I know somebody who won Novori Jewelry months ago, and hasn't received the prize. Basically, the people at Pic Media(distributor of prizes) stated Novori was closed to being sued by GSN, but has started to honor the 19 winners that won their prizes. They are slowly shipping them out as we speak.

Is this another "bad economy" story, or just a bad company altogether?

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 02:34:49 PM »
[quote name=\'rwalker\' post=\'218921\' date=\'Jun 24 2009, 01:59 PM\']Is this another "bad economy" story, or just a bad company altogether?[/quote]When I was a finalist for Stump the Master, I was supposed to receive $50 in Rocky Mountain Chocolate, but a couple of months after filling out my paperwork I was told they were having "problems with the company" so they would instead send me a $60 certificate to Shari's Berries. It's just a case of the classic game show "in the event a prize is unavailable, one of equal or greater value may be substituted." I believe Odor won a ping pong table that they substituted with a gift card of the equal value. I don't know anything about Novori personally, but it's possible that it will just end up getting replaced with something else. No need to worry.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 02:35:18 PM by chad1m »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 03:14:21 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'218927\' date=\'Jun 24 2009, 01:34 PM\']I believe Odor won a ping pong table that they substituted with a gift card of the equal value. I don't know anything about Novori personally, but it's possible that it will just end up getting replaced with something else.[/quote]Just to clarify; I was offered the choice of either the ping-pong table or my choice of a gift card.  I chose the gift card and got a new HDTV--much better than a ping pong table.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Timsterino

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 08:42:10 PM »
I won a 10 MP digital camera from the "GSN Live Collection" back in December. When I received the paperwork from PIC TV it was supposed to be a certain model of a Kodak 10MP digital camera which was valued at $220. When I looked it up on Amazon.com, of course the camera was going for far less. Anyway, after waiting for months to receive my camera, GSN told me they could not fulfill it. So as a replacement, they offered me a $220 GC to Best Buy. I ended up taking the GC and bought a 12MP digital camera with over $60 left over for other things.

I love those GCs! :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 08:43:03 PM by Timsterino »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 10:33:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' post=\'218951\' date=\'Jun 24 2009, 08:42 PM\']I love those GCs! :)[/quote]
Yes, nothing says "Me, Happier" than a Best Buy GC.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JayDLewis

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 10:26:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'218955\' date=\'Jun 24 2009, 09:33 PM\'][quote name=\'Timsterino\' post=\'218951\' date=\'Jun 24 2009, 08:42 PM\']I love those GCs! :)[/quote]
Yes, nothing says "Me, Happier" than a Best Buy GC.
[/quote]

Yes there is. But this is a PG forum...
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

goongas

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 11:02:16 PM »
I was supposed to get a PC/TV combo, but today was contacted that they don't make it anymore, so I was offered a gift card to either Best Buy, Amazon.com, or Sony Style.  I took the Amazon.com one.

chad1m

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 11:06:04 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' post=\'219211\' date=\'Jun 29 2009, 11:02 PM\']I took the Amazon.com one.[/quote]I'll trade you for the TV/PC combo I'm using that they apparently don't make anymore.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 11:20:51 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' post=\'219211\' date=\'Jun 29 2009, 08:02 PM\']I was supposed to get a PC/TV combo, but today was contacted that they don't make it anymore, so I was offered a gift card to either Best Buy, Amazon.com, or Sony Style.  I took the Amazon.com one.[/quote]
True story: I was at my Local Outdoor Upscale Mall a couple of months ago, and I walked past the Sony Style store. And I realized I'd never been inside one before. So I went in.

Ghost. Town.

The desire, nay. NEED to look like the iPod purveyor on the other side of the mall oozed from every electron. The Wall of Walkmen was pristine and untouched. The employees were making a game effort, but behind their cheery greeting you could see the dark, soulless pallor of a retailer having their lunch fed to them.

The entire time I was in there, only one other person walked in. His completely serious question: "Hey, can you tell me where the Apple Store is?"

You could SEE that last glimmer of hope fly out the door. It was quite the sobering experience.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

CarShark

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'219213\' date=\'Jun 29 2009, 11:20 PM\'][quote name=\'goongas\' post=\'219211\' date=\'Jun 29 2009, 08:02 PM\']I was supposed to get a PC/TV combo, but today was contacted that they don't make it anymore, so I was offered a gift card to either Best Buy, Amazon.com, or Sony Style.  I took the Amazon.com one.[/quote]The Wall of Walkmen was pristine and untouched.[/quote]They still make Walkmen? Once I saw my grandmother with one in the late-90s, I figured they must have gone out of production.

chad1m

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 06:38:58 PM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' post=\'219420\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 06:36 PM\']They still make Walkmen?[/quote]They still make the cassette and CD variations and a line of Sony's MP3 players are known as Walkmen.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 08:09:40 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'219421\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 03:38 PM\']and a line of Sony's MP3 players are known as Walkmen.[/quote]
This is what I was referring to. A wall of wannabe iPods. :)

/the CD version is a Discman
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:09:57 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rwalker

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 10:19:21 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'219213\' date=\'Jun 29 2009, 11:20 PM\'][quote name=\'goongas\' post=\'219211\' date=\'Jun 29 2009, 08:02 PM\']I was supposed to get a PC/TV combo, but today was contacted that they don't make it anymore, so I was offered a gift card to either Best Buy, Amazon.com, or Sony Style.  I took the Amazon.com one.[/quote]
True story: I was at my Local Outdoor Upscale Mall a couple of months ago, and I walked past the Sony Style store. And I realized I'd never been inside one before. So I went in.

Ghost. Town.

The desire, nay. NEED to look like the iPod purveyor on the other side of the mall oozed from every electron. The Wall of Walkmen was pristine and untouched. The employees were making a game effort, but behind their cheery greeting you could see the dark, soulless pallor of a retailer having their lunch fed to them.

The entire time I was in there, only one other person walked in. His completely serious question: "Hey, can you tell me where the Apple Store is?"

You could SEE that last glimmer of hope fly out the door. It was quite the sobering experience.
[/quote]

I know GSN is partially owned by Sony, but this must explain why they are giving away the Ipod docks(for one) on a daily basis now.