Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud news for the new season  (Read 53330 times)

chad1m

Family Feud news for the new season
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2009, 01:10:55 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'216846\' date=\'May 29 2009, 01:02 AM\']Wheel of Fortune is seen by millions of people every night. I'm guessing that Feud gets hundreds of thousands. If that.[/quote]Just for clarification, in early May, Wheel had about 10 million, while Feud had about 2.2 million.

CarShark

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2009, 01:14:31 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'216846\' date=\'May 29 2009, 01:02 AM\'][quote name=\'CarShark\' post=\'216842\' date=\'May 28 2009, 09:48 PM\']1) So arbitrary. The whole post. Of course the
number of people on a team matter.[/quote] Not to the budget, they don't.[/quote]Then raise the budget. There's a difference between being cheap and being noticeably cheap. Of course, I'm talking to someone who liked the Goen Wheel values and questioned the notion that people go on Feud for money, so there ya go.

2) $4000 is just $800 a head, still below what Wheel offers at minimum. Inflation's a bitch.
Wheel of Fortune is seen by millions of people every night. I'm guessing that Feud gets hundreds of thousands. If that. Just because Wheel of Fortune can afford to make $1,000 their house minimum or consolation prize doesn't mean that Feud can afford to. Wheel's big winner of the night can win more in the main game than a Feud family can win in the bonus.
So you admit Feud looks cheap in comparison. Congrats. Changing the consolation prize values can help with that somewhat. I believe they can't afford not to, especially in the competitive syndication environment.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 01:19:16 AM by CarShark »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2009, 01:21:13 AM »
Then raise the budget. There's a difference between being cheap and being noticeably cheap. Of course, I'm talking to someone who liked the Goen Wheel values and summarily dismissed the notion , so there ya go.
Huh? The fact that I think Wheel of Fortune should be played for hundreds of dollars instead of tens of thousands of dollars doesn't mean anything other than I think that Wheel is played for far too much.

So you admit Feud looks cheap in comparison. Congrats. Changing the consolation prize values can help with that somewhat.
I admit nothing. They're different games on different strata.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2009, 01:31:16 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'216848\' date=\'May 28 2009, 10:05 PM\']Boy, you just don't like it when people call you on things, do you?[/quote]
I am completely puzzled as to what I'm being "called" on.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Sodboy13

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2009, 01:33:02 AM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' post=\'216851\' date=\'May 29 2009, 12:14 AM\'][quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'216846\' date=\'May 29 2009, 01:02 AM\'][quote name=\'CarShark\' post=\'216842\' date=\'May 28 2009, 09:48 PM\']1) So arbitrary. The whole post. Of course the
number of people on a team matter.[/quote] Not to the budget, they don't.[/quote]Then raise the budget. There's a difference between being cheap and being noticeably cheap. Of course, I'm talking to someone who liked the Goen Wheel values and questioned the notion that people go on Feud for money, so there ya go.

2) $4000 is just $800 a head, still below what Wheel offers at minimum. Inflation's a bitch.
Wheel of Fortune is seen by millions of people every night. I'm guessing that Feud gets hundreds of thousands. If that. Just because Wheel of Fortune can afford to make $1,000 their house minimum or consolation prize doesn't mean that Feud can afford to. Wheel's big winner of the night can win more in the main game than a Feud family can win in the bonus.
So you admit Feud looks cheap in comparison. Congrats. Changing the consolation prize values can help with that somewhat. I believe they can't afford not to, especially in the competitive syndication environment.
[/quote]

Considering the big boys in syndie game shows are offering top prizes of $1M, $1M, $Endless, and $500K, how the hell would one make the stakes on Feud "competitive" without quickly veering into "ridiculous"?

That said, I don't see one bit of an issue with the consolation money going to $10/point.  I've been thinking those stakes should have been upped since the days of the Feud Challenge - all the stakes were doubled for the second half, so why not the consolation money?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2009, 02:00:37 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'216853\' date=\'May 29 2009, 12:31 AM\'][quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'216848\' date=\'May 28 2009, 10:05 PM\']Boy, you just don't like it when people call you on things, do you?[/quote]
I am completely puzzled as to what I'm being "called" on.
[/quote]

Really, Chris? Have you not been paying attention to this whole topic?

You say something is not a good idea (meaning was implied, don't bother). People tell you why they don't agree and are showing you legitimate reasons to back up their point. You put on your best Lemon and act like "who cares?" People go even further and show you why your thinking may be a little flawed. You don't care. Said people get frustrated with your apparent ignorance and tell you as much. Again, you condescend.

We've seen it before, Chris. It's really getting old.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2009, 02:15:26 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'216856\' date=\'May 28 2009, 11:00 PM\']We've seen it before, Chris. It's really getting old.[/quote]
You know what's funny? The person whose's opinion I originally thought ludicrous (that would be Mr. Raygor) is the one person who has been willing to discuss said disagreement with any semblance of maturity, and has demonstrated a willingness to listen to responses.

Which is why he got one, where I explained "I have no mathematical reason for why I think this, I just do." Which seems to be good enough for him, even if he doesn't agree, which he is under no obligation to. Because Joe understands that disagreeing with an opinion and respecting someone's right to have one are two different things.

Bye now.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2009, 02:21:51 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'216857\' date=\'May 29 2009, 01:15 AM\']Because Joe understands that disagreeing with an opinion and respecting someone's right to have one are two different things.[/quote]

You're right. Joe does understand that. Once you start realizing that the world does not revolve around Chris Lemon, perhaps you will as well.

Now back to the topic at hand.

While I agree that there needs to be some change in the consolation prize, I believe quadrupling it is overdoing it just a little. Doubling, i think, works best. If you want to triple it so you can keep it to multiples of five (even though I don't know why you'd want to do that), maybe. $20 a point? Meh.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:23:35 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

J.R.

« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2009, 03:33:30 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'216857\' date=\'May 29 2009, 01:15 AM\']You know what's funny? The person whose's opinion I originally thought ludicrous (that would be Mr. Raygor) is the one person who has been willing to discuss said disagreement with any semblance of maturity, and has demonstrated a willingness to listen to responses.[/quote]
You flatter me. :)

I like to think that, even though we get into the occasional heated debate or disagreement, that we are respectful enough to each other that we can argue our points without any petty insults. When one of us steps out of line (nobody's perfect) we, at least, try to call it out without out too much nudging.

PYLDude Chris, with all due respect, I'm getting really tired of your confrontational attitude. Would you PLEASE try to chill out? I consider you a friend and I don't want to see you get boothed or even banned. This angry indignation and thread jacking you insist on having every time Chris L opens his mouth is getting really old. (Others too, but I won't drag them into this)

/On topic: I could "live" with $10 a point too. It really isn't that important to me what Feud does. I won't stage a picket line if they stick with $5 a point, trust me. :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 03:58:17 AM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

J.R.

« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2009, 03:43:26 AM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' post=\'216851\' date=\'May 29 2009, 12:14 AM\']I'm talking to someone who liked the Goen Wheel values and questioned the notion that people go on Feud for money, so there ya go.[/quote]
I'm also someone who prefers the Goen WOF amounts too. The lower stakes gives the game much more of a casual, relaxed mood, which I feel is the best way to play real-money hangman.

Plus, I kinda like it a when someone wins a "quirky" amount like $1375. :)

/I plan on uploading some more Goen WOF eps soon. I'm not fully moved in to my new location yet. Tapes still in boxes.
-Joe Raygor

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2009, 08:37:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'216854\' date=\'May 29 2009, 12:33 AM\']I've been thinking those stakes should have been upped since the days of the Feud Challenge - all the stakes were doubled for the second half, so why not the consolation money?[/quote]
Y'know, for some reason, I have this theory that it was supposed to go to $10/pt, due to the 4 digit bank scoreboard,  but was scrapped before production began. I mean, you can't see the scoreboard during Bullseye, so it couldn't have been for that.

I've quickly learned here that when a thread magically grows multiple pages overnight, to proceed with caution...come on- this started as a fun speculation topic, and now it's turning into a game of definitions. "He said this!" "Well you implied that!" Let's just agree to disgagree and move on.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 08:45:50 AM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Sodboy13

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2009, 09:50:45 AM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'216863\' date=\'May 29 2009, 07:37 AM\'][quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'216854\' date=\'May 29 2009, 12:33 AM\']I've been thinking those stakes should have been upped since the days of the Feud Challenge - all the stakes were doubled for the second half, so why not the consolation money?[/quote]
Y'know, for some reason, I have this theory that it was supposed to go to $10/pt, due to the 4 digit bank scoreboard,  but was scrapped before production began. I mean, you can't see the scoreboard during Bullseye, so it couldn't have been for that.
[/quote]

That's what I thought, too.  But I've since been told that the 4 digits were actually for the Bullseye round, since no one playing the game or in the audience could see what was being superimposed onto that board.  Plus, when they re-did the set for Feud '94, the 4-digit scoreboard was still around - just for use in the bankroll round.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2009, 10:40:39 AM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'216864\' date=\'May 29 2009, 09:50 AM\']That's what I thought, too.  But I've since been told that the 4 digits were actually for the Bullseye round, since no one playing the game or in the audience could see what was being superimposed onto that board.  Plus, when they re-did the set for Feud '94, the 4-digit scoreboard was still around - just for use in the bankroll round.[/quote]

Bullseye was played off a real live television monitor. Watch the board fly into the rafters, and you'll notice it more. Or just watch for the occasional rolling line. The monitor represented the three innermost circles. Bankroll was played, like everything else on FF94, off the Fast Money display.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2009, 01:02:35 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'216866\' date=\'May 29 2009, 09:40 AM\']Bullseye was played off a real live television monitor. Watch the board fly into the rafters, and you'll notice it more. Or just watch for the occasional rolling line. The monitor represented the three innermost circles. Bankroll was played, like everything else on FF94, off the Fast Money display.

-Jason[/quote]
I've seen where there's an inset in the middle of the Bullseye board...always wondered if it was a TV monitor or a projection. Now I know!

/And knowing is half the battle.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Jay Temple

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2009, 01:00:59 AM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'216860\' date=\'May 29 2009, 02:43 AM\']Plus, I kinda like it a when someone wins a "quirky" amount like $1375. :)[/quote]
I do, too, which is all the more reason that I wish they still played the main game for dollars instead of points!
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.