The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

CBS @ 75, anything to be game show related?

(1/2) > >>

gaubster2:
Certainly they should devote at least 5 minutes to game shows (especially Price), but does anybody in the know have any info as to what may be planned?

KyleCHaight:
Well, there may be some "Price Is Right" clips on the special, if the CBS homepage is any indication. It has a GREAT picture of Bob in front of the Barker Wall. (I think it's from the 30th Anniversary Special.)

uncamark:
[quote name=\'KyleCHaight\' date=\'Oct 28 2003, 06:24 PM\']Well, there may be some "Price Is Right" clips on the special, if the CBS homepage is any indication. It has a GREAT picture of Bob in front of the Barker Wall. (I think it's from the 30th Anniversary Special.)[/quote]
There's also a very complete timeline on their site, which includes several mentions of "TPIR," along with what CBS calls the first radio quiz show ("Professor Quiz"), "WML?" and "The $64,000 Question."  Visit it.

And tonight's "CBS at 75 Moment" at around 8:15 p.m. ET during "60 Minutes II" remembers "TPIR"'s 30th anniversary special.  For some reason, Jerry Stiller's the narrator of the piece.

Robair:
One of the ET-style shows showed a quick montage of clips, purportedly from the show, and the infamous 1979 "Grand Game" clip where Bob was chased around the set was excerpted, so if any TPIR clips are shown that'll be the one, most likely.

cyberjoek:
If you consider Survivor a game show it will be included I assume because of the fact that it is one of the moments ("season one")
-Joe Kavanagh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version