Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Carey "Price" On GSN  (Read 4793 times)

chad1m

Carey "Price" On GSN
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 06:41:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'211914\' date=\'Apr 2 2009, 05:47 PM\']You don't suppose this is the totally awesome groundbreaking borderline-orgasmic announcement that GSN: The Network For Games & Infomercials has for us, do you?[/quote]Alex Davis sez:
*It's got nothing to do with the acquisition of something like Price is Right as of now.
*It's got nothing to do with a spin-off channel
*It's got nothing to do with the Fremantle debacle.

It's just more got to do with programming and scheduling and why The Money List is on when it is, as it stands right now.

Allstar87

Carey "Price" On GSN
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 07:07:11 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' post=\'211781\' date=\'Apr 1 2009, 09:08 PM\']
No, and even if TPIR goes off from the CBS schedule, you're not gonna be seeing any form of TPIR reruns anytime soon.
[/quote]

And you say this...why, exactly? Unless you got inside info, you have no way of knowing what kind of deals could be struck in the future.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:08:20 PM by Allstar87 »

bwood

Carey "Price" On GSN
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 08:53:10 PM »
I'd say the announcement is something to do with "The Money List".
Probably something like "It's offering the biggest bonus round jackpot in GSN history!" or something like that. Isn't Roggin himself in on a discussion about the announcement over at the GSN boards? If so that means it's probably about that show. I don't read there often, and when I do I just scan thru the crap.  I read something about "it's going to change Saturday nights forever". Either all that or some weekend type call-in-and-win show.

And it says the news isn't about getting TPiR "as of now". That probably doesn't mean anything, but it's just oddly worded.

/remembers when people said PYL would never turn up on GSN.....

Fedya

Carey "Price" On GSN
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 10:05:09 PM »
Curt Alliaume wrote:
Steve Beverly and Mark Evanier have frequently mentioned the B&W shows on their sites; this may have gotten them some unlikely fans. I had a reader on Live Journal who loved the B&W shows, even though she was totally not the typical demographic -- female, 18-24 age group.
I know some people on the TCM boards who also enjoy(ed) the B&W shows, because they enjoy seeing the old stars, especially in the "Mystery Guest" segment on What's My Line; they too aren't the typical game show demographic.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Matt Ottinger

Carey "Price" On GSN
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'211946\' date=\'Apr 2 2009, 10:05 PM\']I know some people on the TCM boards who also enjoy(ed) the B&W shows, because they enjoy seeing the old stars, especially in the "Mystery Guest" segment on What's My Line; they too aren't the typical game show demographic.[/quote]
Over on the GSN board, one thread started wandering into what cable networks besides GSN might be a viable home for the black & white shows.  I suggested TCM for exactly that reason.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.