Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Some TPIR news  (Read 5246 times)

Steve Gavazzi

Some TPIR news
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2003, 05:39:51 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Oct 21 2003, 11:55 AM\'] I hope Penny Ante can come back, it deserves another chance.  They could just make a new set though [/quote]
 In most cases, I'd probably agree with you; however, you have to keep in mind that nearly all of Penny Ante's charm comes from its set.  If you take that away, frankly, you're left with a pretty crappy game.

whewfan

Some TPIR news
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2003, 08:45:12 PM »
Along similar lines, Pick A Pair, IMO, lost its appeal when the ferris wheel set was scrapped for a less than stellar setup it is today. I know the Ferris Wheel was a little slow, and you couldn't see every product at once, but it was still pretty cool.

Here's how I think Penny Ante could work, and the setup would still be cool.

Make the Penny Ante game look like some sort of vending machine. Each side of the machine has 4 prices. Bob asks the player the price, and hits the button. If it's wrong, the player must put a penny into the coin slot to try again. If it's right, perhaps some cool lighting effect would appear on the machine.

PeterMarshallFan

Some TPIR news
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2003, 08:54:49 PM »
I simply don't believe that Newton is doing that badly. I don't buy it. Maybe the guy has a grudge against him for some reason?

And Chris is right. Showbiz is [Dick Clark, Winning Lines mode] where it really gets cutthroat. [/DC, WLM]

rugrats1

Some TPIR news
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2003, 09:03:19 PM »
As for Time is Money, with no voucher, does that mean that Bob no longer offers $500 instead of making changes? He just says "Here's another 15 seconds, make changes"?

Maybe it'll be like "Barker's Markers", where Bob gives the contestant $500 off the bat, then have them give it back if they want to make changes. (Though with "Time Is Money", they'll still have the option to walk away with $500.)

tvrandywest

Some TPIR news
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2003, 09:12:45 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Oct 21 2003, 08:03 PM\'] As for Time is Money, with no voucher, does that mean that Bob no longer offers $500 instead of making changes? He just says "Here's another 15 seconds, make changes"?
 [/quote]
 That's pretty much it... like Switcheroo.

The 15 seconds has expanded to 20 and there have been a 1 or 2 minor changes to the set piece for greater clarity on the number of items correct, and to better show the products.

whewfan

Some TPIR news
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2003, 10:16:33 PM »
Is there still $500 if all 5 products are correct? If there is NO money voucher anymore, then calling the game "Time is Money" would be pretty pointless. Sort of when the 20 second timer was eliminated from Split Decision.... without a clock, the players weren't exactly making any fast choices, which is why they immediately restored the clock, but the game still didn't last.

Fedya

Some TPIR news
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2003, 10:21:38 PM »
Randy West wrote:
And yes, when Burton is at the studio, I'm not.

Unless, of course, they want one of you to audition to replace one of Barker's Beauties.  :-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post