Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Janice Pennington sighting  (Read 1404 times)

Tim L

Janice Pennington sighting
« on: October 24, 2008, 12:14:12 AM »
I was just at the Ghoulardifest IV over last weekend in Cleveland..Among the items for sale were a couple of Hoolihan/Big Chuck/Lil John DVD's of Skits done on their shows at WJW-TV 8.   They just brought these out..

One was a package of three Holiday Specials they did in the 1990's.  On the Christmas Special (12-24-99)  one of the first skits involves a "Santa Doll for $5.00" vending machine, where Lil John goes by, thinking its not worth it..goes on by while Hoolihan (Bob Wells) figures why not so he puts his his 5 bucks in and who comes out but Janice Pennington!  Of course John puts in 10 bucks and gets 2 not so good looking ladies..end of skit..According to Big Chuck Schodowski, this skit was originally done December 15, 1972..Just a few months after the New Price Is Right premiere..

There is more information here about these and other DVD's available..

http://www.bigchuckandliljohn.com/merchandise.html

Story about the 1968 Hoolihan and Big Chuck "awards show" They were about to be banished to Saturday afternoons and eventually canceled, but once the public found out, there was an avalanche of calls and letters..Within weeks they were put back on Fridays..The show would remain on the air for 39 more years..
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 12:22:23 AM by Tim L »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 09:58:26 AM »
You forgot to mention the Tribute to Ernie Anderson DVD.

Tim L

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 11:13:48 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'200376\' date=\'Oct 24 2008, 09:58 AM\']
You forgot to mention the Tribute to Ernie Anderson DVD.
[/quote]

Yes..This was a half hour prime time special aired on WJW-TV just after Anderson's death in 1997, with coverage of the early "Ghoulardi" years..

Aside:I hope I'm not being too pushy about this..I just thought it was cool with the Janice Pennington connection..