Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Challenge TV - Family Fortunes / The Price is Right  (Read 1157 times)

bhvictory

Challenge TV - Family Fortunes / The Price is Right
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:32:08 AM »
When is Challenge going to get other episodes of Family Fortunes - I've nothing against Les Dennis, but we've seen his episodes on Challenge so many times now, whenever we see an episode we know which family is going to win.

They seem to forget that Bob Monkhouse & Max Bygraves hosted the show as well and there is a whole load of episodes from the early 80s which are worth acquiring - many of which haven't been seen since their original ITV screenings. Watching them would be just as enjoyable as watching them the first time around again.

...and the same goes for The Price is Right - Leslie Crowther hosted that show too. ABSOLUTE LEGEND!!!

TravisP

Challenge TV - Family Fortunes / The Price is Right
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 03:26:45 AM »
No offence but are you trying to post the same thing on every single forum as this is the third forum I've seen the same message posted. Also this forum is more skewed towards the US.

To be honest. Challenge doesn't want old game shows in their schedule anymore as they feel it doesn't fit their schedules with certain exceptions (Crystal Maze). Which I'm surprised they're showing the first series of Take Your Pick from 1991 at the moment. I can't see that series staying long on the channel.

Also ratings have showed that viewers are still watching the Les Dennis era and watching original Challenge shows and newer archived shows. Basically the recent top ten most watched shows are Classic Millionaire, Family Fortunes and Take It or Leave It. With Take It or Leave It getting the biggest ratings for any Challenge programme this year.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 03:27:47 AM by TravisP »