Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fox--The Sliding Walls with Holes in Them Network  (Read 2851 times)

uncamark

Fox--The Sliding Walls with Holes in Them Network
« on: August 28, 2008, 05:58:55 PM »
In addition to the regular time slot premiere on Thurs. Sept. 11 at 8 p.m. and the "preview" following the premiere of "Fringe" on Tues. Sept. 9 at around 9:35 p.m., "Hole in the Wall" will get another "preview" airing on Sun. Sept. 7 at 8 p.m. replacing "The Simpsons" for the time and following either the NFL or "The OT" (WARNING:  VARIETY-ESE):

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799115...yid=14&cs=1

Since Fox started dubbing the post-game "The OT" (while that other show with a similar title was a hit), did they ever have Bradshaw say on it "This is how we do it in 'The OT,' bitch!"?

JakeT

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 07:47:02 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'195436\' date=\'Aug 28 2008, 04:58 PM\']
In addition to the regular time slot premiere on Thurs. Sept. 11 at 8 p.m. and the "preview" following the premiere of "Fringe" on Tues. Sept. 9 at around 9:35 p.m., "Hole in the Wall" will get another "preview" airing on Sun. Sept. 7 at 8 p.m. replacing "The Simpsons" for the time and following either the NFL or "The OT"
[/quote]

Oh, okay...you got me...very funny...so, where's Ashton Kutcher 'cause I'm just sure that I'm being PUNK'D!

But really now...how in the hell did this garbage ever make it beyond a drunken pitch meeting?  Hey, I truly love dumb low-brow humor...in fact, I love it so much that I should probably marry it, but this "game" isn't even the least big funny...to me, it just seems kinda sad...I think of all the people who are involved/associated with this steaming heap of doodie pie and wonder just how many of them have been finding themselves facing their mirrors and thinking, "has my career really come down to THIS?"  I know that all of the networks seem to be struggling this season to come up with some decent new additions to their lineup but I just can't believe they could have been this desperate.

HOWEVER...there is a bright side...

Jackie Gleason can now rest in peace since "You're In The Picture" has now lost the title of being the worst game show in television history...that title has easily been taken over by "that hole thing" and our friends at FOX...hey, as much as I hate NBC being game show spoiler-central, at least they ain't subjecting us to this...spoil away, NBC...suspense and entertainment be damned...spoil away...:)

Jake

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 08:07:48 PM »
[quote name=\'JakeT\' post=\'196167\' date=\'Sep 5 2008, 04:47 PM\']
that title has easily been taken over by "that hole thing" and our friends at FOX...[/quote]
Naw. Hasn't aired yet. Until then I think The Moment Of Truth still gets to hold onto the belt. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 08:19:44 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'196168\' date=\'Sep 5 2008, 08:07 PM\']
[quote name=\'JakeT\' post=\'196167\' date=\'Sep 5 2008, 04:47 PM\']
that title has easily been taken over by "that hole thing" and our friends at FOX...[/quote]
Naw. Hasn't aired yet. Until then I think The Moment Of Truth still gets to hold onto the belt. :)
[/quote]
No way..."Set For Life" has that dishonor. So loaded with crap, Charmin should be the sponsor and have those damn cartoon bears on set.

/Harsh?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 08:59:42 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'196169\' date=\'Sep 5 2008, 05:19 PM\']
No way..."Set For Life" has that dishonor. So loaded with crap, Charmin should be the sponsor and have those damn cartoon bears on set.[/quote]
I...can't argue with that.

/I guess they *do* do that in the woods
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 10:19:01 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'196173\' date=\'Sep 5 2008, 07:59 PM\']
/I guess they *do* do that in the woods
[/quote]
Heh heh...you said do do.

/Just watched an hour of Beavis and Butthead
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

DrBear

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 11:07:38 PM »
*heads for the woods, with a magazine*
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

irwinsjournal.com

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 05:31:47 PM »
But it's a worldwide hit and Fox is just answering the clamor from the United States to bring it to America!

I mean, Fox said so themselves, about 14,000 times during the NFL coverage I attempted to watch yesterday.  And we KNOW everything they say MUST be true...

In addition, the commentators during said football game were making incremental statements of their own... probably was in their contract.
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com