Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Has Anybody Seen Or Played This One?  (Read 2467 times)

TimK2003

Has Anybody Seen Or Played This One?
« on: August 29, 2008, 09:24:42 PM »
I stumbled upon THIS website today, and just wondering if anyone has played this game and/or seen this game in person.  

Just curious if this is a game to drop some coinage in if I come across it.

(Apologies if this was was previously mentioned in another post -- Nothing came up in the search for WOF and Pinball).

Sodboy13

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 12:31:27 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'195496\' date=\'Aug 29 2008, 08:24 PM\']
I stumbled upon THIS website today, and just wondering if anyone has played this game and/or seen this game in person.  

Just curious if this is a game to drop some coinage in if I come across it.

(Apologies if this was was previously mentioned in another post -- Nothing came up in the search for WOF and Pinball).
[/quote]

I've played it - a pretty good table.  The elements of the show are integrated into the table quite nicely.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 03:34:54 AM »
Darn, I can't access the site, Tim.  The link's broken.

davemackey

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 05:42:49 AM »
I almost bought one a few months ago but I had no good place in the house to put it.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 06:20:08 AM »
Yeah, I've played it. I liked it a lot. (Didn't hurt that I'm pretty good at it too.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrianFTL

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 12:04:08 PM »
Agreed, it's a great game.  Really nice sound bytes from Pat and Charlie O' included.

It hasn't been selling well, though.  (Rumor has it that the manufacturer is going to re-theme it into something with more mainstream appeal.)

- Brian

CarShark

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »
[quote name=\'BrianFTL\' post=\'195542\' date=\'Aug 30 2008, 12:04 PM\'](Rumor has it that the manufacturer is going to re-theme it into something with more mainstream appeal.)[/quote]What could be more mainstream than the most popular syndicated television show of the past 20-odd-years?

clemon79

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 03:22:29 PM »
[quote name=\'BrianFTL\' post=\'195542\' date=\'Aug 30 2008, 09:04 AM\']
It hasn't been selling well, though.  (Rumor has it that the manufacturer is going to re-theme it into something with more mainstream appeal.)[/quote]
I'm honetsly not sure how they could re-theme it without completely altering it. There are so many elements of the show that are tightly integrated into the table that to yank the theme out would be to basically create a new table.

BrianFTL

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 12:12:10 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'195561\' date=\'Aug 30 2008, 03:22 PM\']
I'm honestly not sure how they could re-theme it without completely altering it. There are so many elements of the show that are tightly integrated into the table that to yank the theme out would be to basically create a new table.
[/quote]
Yes, it seems difficult, but they've done it before.  (FYI, they turned Family Guy into Shrek.)

And if the new theme is what I think it is, then it will have incredibly large appeal among teens.  Sorry, I can't really say more than that.

For those who haven't seen the WoF game, it has actual puzzles that you try to solve as you play, and it has a big spinning wheel that it is a _very_ nice replica, except values are all multiplied by 100 to match the pinball scoring.  A friend of mine worked on it who is a huge game show fan himself, so it is pretty true to the real game.

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 01:25:26 PM »
[quote name=\'BrianFTL\' post=\'195612\' date=\'Aug 31 2008, 09:12 AM\']
Yes, it seems difficult, but they've done it before.  (FYI, they turned Family Guy into Shrek.)[/quote]
Complete with the teeny pinball table in the corner. Point conceded.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 01:25:39 PM by clemon79 »