Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Game Control Software  (Read 7243 times)

bwood

Game Show Game Control Software
« on: July 21, 2008, 06:54:13 PM »
EDIT: Title should say "..around these Days", not "says"

So it's been a while but it's to play games around my house again, my friends and family want to get together and play some of our favorite game shows.
As everyone knows, the game is more fun when you have visuals (such as software and a computer hooked up to a TV).
About 5 or so years ago, there were so many different game show presentation software titles out there (Todd's FF, Pyramid; JRJ Games HR, TJW, etc.; and others). Now it's hard to find what you're looking for. I have Todd's games backed up somewhere (I know they were taken offline), but as far as the other titles I had saved, that was 2 computers ago.
I've Google'd a bit here and there with no real luck, but I figured if I asked around here, then people could reply and point me (and others) in the right direction to find different game show  software titles that were made for presentations or translate well for "host mode".  Plus, it's easier here to kind of list them all in one place, rather than searching all over online for them.

Personally, I would like to find a High Rollers game again. I used to have JRJ's and I recently downloaded BigJons, which was good, but I like to use my own questons and dice (host mode aspect). I also remember someone that was making an awesome Pyramid game (around March or so) in PowerPoint, but never saw anything else about it.

So, in a nutshell, my question is....what kind of GS Presentation titles (or even just regular fan-made game show games that require someone to act as host) are still around (or new) and downloadable? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:55:46 PM by bwood »

JayDLewis

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 06:58:16 PM »
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

chad1m

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 07:13:18 PM »
I created one for Million Dollar Password you can use if you have PowerPoint.

TroubadourNando

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 07:55:10 PM »
I always enjoyed the fun of using real physical props, myself. Obviously, you can't do that for everything, though, and it's nowhere near as convienient.

Some time ago I experimented with Press Your Luck software but I never did find something that quite fit the needs I had. Wonder if anything new has come out since then, as the DVD game really sucks.

jmangin

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 10:04:40 PM »
I'm actually working on an update to the Sale of the Century game I posted a few months ago.  I'm adding in a Fame Game segment now and was thinking of adding a bonus round (or all three).

Would you prefer a database of prizes already entered, or the option of using your own pictures for the Fame Game, Instant Bargains and Shopping Round?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 10:29:53 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'191629\' date=\'Jul 21 2008, 07:04 PM\']I'm actually working on an update to the Sale of the Century game I posted a few months ago.  I'm adding in a Fame Game segment now and was thinking of adding a bonus round (or all three).

Would you prefer a database of prizes already entered, or the option of using your own pictures for the Fame Game, Instant Bargains and Shopping Round?[/quote]Options and customizability are always good, but remember what you're getting paid for the endeavor. :)
Travis L. Eberle

visualbasicwizard

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 11:33:27 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'191631\' date=\'Jul 21 2008, 10:29 PM\']
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'191629\' date=\'Jul 21 2008, 07:04 PM\']I'm actually working on an update to the Sale of the Century game I posted a few months ago.  I'm adding in a Fame Game segment now and was thinking of adding a bonus round (or all three).

Would you prefer a database of prizes already entered, or the option of using your own pictures for the Fame Game, Instant Bargains and Shopping Round?[/quote]Options and customizability are always good, but remember what you're getting paid for the endeavor. :)
[/quote]

I have a PYL controller I wrote, but the webhost I had it uploaded to went offline.  If you'd like a copy, shhot me an email at drushe@continentalindoorfootball.com and I'll try to get it out to you.

GSRebich

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'191629\' date=\'Jul 21 2008, 10:04 PM\']
I'm actually working on an update to the Sale of the Century game I posted a few months ago.  I'm adding in a Fame Game segment now and was thinking of adding a bonus round (or all three).

Would you prefer a database of prizes already entered, or the option of using your own pictures for the Fame Game, Instant Bargains and Shopping Round?
[/quote] Where can I download you Sale of the Century game?