Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Millionaire Change for next season  (Read 12094 times)

Steve Gavazzi

A Millionaire Change for next season
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'191362\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 03:57 PM\']If you couldn't see that Don was making fun of Michael Tiller for his YouTube game show disasters, then I can't help you.[/quote]
Far be it from me to butt into a thread I haven't previously taken part in just to reference a second thread I haven't been taking part in...but aren't you the same PYLdude who's spent most of the past day over in the Drew Carey thread yelling at Clementson about Double Prices?

Don Howard

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 09:29:25 PM »
Here's the big beef I have with the Tiller lad.
This is the policy he has on his YouTube home page.
It is cut and pasted word for word from there:
"And folks, there are no tolerations here. All spam, rude, revolting, bad comments on ANY video that I post will immediately be deleted, no exceptions".
No tolerance for criticism. He'll go very far in show business.

As for the WWTBAM new photo policy for its 7th syndicated season, they're gonna do what they're gonna do and I'll enjoy your insights and comments as always when the programs begin airing.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 10:21:56 PM by Don Howard »

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 10:10:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'191391\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 08:29 PM\']
"And folks, there are no tolerations here. All spam, rude, revolting, bad comments on ANY video that I post will immediately be deleted, no exceptions".
No tolerance for criticism. He'll go very far in show business.[/quote]

Flame me all you want, but as a Tiller fan, I respect that policy.

/Prepares flame shield.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 12:06:19 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'191371\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 05:34 PM\']
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'191362\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 03:57 PM\']If you couldn't see that Don was making fun of Michael Tiller for his YouTube game show disasters, then I can't help you.[/quote]
Far be it from me to butt into a thread I haven't previously taken part in just to reference a second thread I haven't been taking part in...but aren't you the same PYLdude who's spent most of the past day over in the Drew Carey thread yelling at Clementson about Double Prices?
[/quote]

No, that was Mark yelling at him about Double Prices.

I was complaining about how he appeared to be ripping Drew for one little thing and not making it clear that he was going after him for a lot of his mannerisms, after which I thought it over and conceded some of the points.

That said, though, Don did make it clear who he was making fun of there...maybe we don't know as much as I wanna give us credit for? I can't tell.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 12:17:38 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

DrJWJustice

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 02:00:50 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'191359\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 02:48 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'191352\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 03:26 PM\']
I see a LOT wrong with the pictures, if you're asked to submit them prior to being selected as a contestant.
[/quote]
(thinks for a minute)

HELLO....I do see the...well...flaw with that.  :)
[/quote]
WWTBAM must now be a front for the Department of Homeland Security  *sigh*

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 08:26:10 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'191405\' date=\'Jul 20 2008, 12:06 AM\'][quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'191371\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 05:34 PM\'][quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'191362\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 03:57 PM\']If you couldn't see that Don was making fun of Michael Tiller for his YouTube game show disasters, then I can't help you.[/quote]Far be it from me to butt into a thread I haven't previously taken part in just to reference a second thread I haven't been taking part in...but aren't you the same PYLdude who's spent most of the past day over in the Drew Carey thread yelling at Clementson about Double Prices?[/quote]No, that was Mark yelling at him about Double Prices.

I was complaining about how he appeared to be ripping Drew for one little thing and not making it clear that he was going after him for a lot of his mannerisms, after which I thought it over and conceded some of the points.

That said, though, Don did make it clear who he was making fun of there...maybe we don't know as much as I wanna give us credit for? I can't tell.
[/quote]
And thank you for proving my point -- you're in no position to be criticizing someone for missing the point.

Don Howard

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 12:53:38 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowlover87\' post=\'191397\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 10:10 PM\']
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'191391\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 08:29 PM\']
Flame me all you want, but as a Tiller fan, I respect that policy.
[/quote]
I'm not going to flame you, but wouldn't it be helpful to him to, along with the compliments, know what needs to be worked on for improvement for future offerings?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:44:00 PM by Don Howard »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 02:38:41 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowlover87\' post=\'191397\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 07:10 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'191391\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 08:29 PM\']"And folks, there are no tolerations here. All spam, rude, revolting, bad comments on ANY video that I post will immediately be deleted, no exceptions".No tolerance for criticism. He'll go very far in show business.[/quote]Flame me all you want, but as a Tiller fan, I respect that policy.

/Prepares flame shield.[/quote]It's a fine policy to have, if a bit puritan in tone. But golly, what a doofus he is. From the pre-roll to the Powerpoint captioned photo game show retreads...oy.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 03:30:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'191417\' date=\'Jul 20 2008, 07:26 AM\']
And thank you for proving my point -- you're in no position to be criticizing someone for missing the point.
[/quote]

Well, excuse me for thinking people should've gotten one of the easiest jokes I've seen here.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 03:31:28 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 03:48:52 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'191437\' date=\'Jul 20 2008, 12:30 PM\']
Well, excuse me for thinking people should've gotten one of the easiest jokes I've seen here.[/quote]
Hey, weren't you the guy who was whining because you weren't getting enough credit for "tuning over a new leaf" a week or so ago?

So much for that, eh?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 03:51:33 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 04:08:33 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'191439\' date=\'Jul 20 2008, 02:48 PM\']
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'191437\' date=\'Jul 20 2008, 12:30 PM\']
Well, excuse me for thinking people should've gotten one of the easiest jokes I've seen here.[/quote]
Hey, weren't you the guy who was whining because you weren't getting enough credit for "tuning over a new leaf" a week or so ago?

So much for that, eh?
[/quote]

Yeah, okay, no.

I made up my mind that I wasn't going to be as nitpicky or as much of an asshole.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to give it up COMPLETELY...just do it once in awhile.

Slow process.

PYLdude

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 04:29:27 PM »
And now to try and steer this back on topic:

How easy do you think it would be for somebody to try and get around this (i.e., fake pictures and the like)?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 04:32:11 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'191444\' date=\'Jul 20 2008, 01:29 PM\']
How easy do you think it would be for somebody to try and get around this (i.e., fake pictures and the like)?[/quote]
Well, the question is, will they need to? The suggestion that contestant selection was going to be based on this was wholly my own ex-rectum I-wonder-if speculation. If they're collected after the fact and it's in no way part of the process, I don't see where it's going to be a problem.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 05:00:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'191391\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 09:29 PM\']Here's the big beef I have with the Tiller lad.
Count me as another who cannot read that, at least on the surface, as no tolerance for criticism. YouTube comments, as a whole, are a fetid pile of compost, and were I brave enough to post videos on there and allow comments, I would certainly delete all of the "rude, revolting, bad" comments without hesitation.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

PYLdude

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 05:04:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'191449\' date=\'Jul 20 2008, 04:00 PM\']
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'191391\' date=\'Jul 19 2008, 09:29 PM\']Here's the big beef I have with the Tiller lad.
Count me as another who cannot read that, at least on the surface, as no tolerance for criticism. YouTube comments, as a whole, are a fetid pile of compost, and were I brave enough to post videos on there and allow comments, I would certainly delete all of the "rude, revolting, bad" comments without hesitation.
[/quote]

Yeah, but if the videos suck (as they do in a lot of cases...just be glad you've never watched a Let's Play video), then deleting the comments equals a lack of tolerance for criticism.

And Mr. Tiller's videos are not exactly of a high quality, despite his best efforts.

People can be spiteful on YouTube, yes. But that doesn't mean that every "rude, revolting, bad" comment is without warrant.