Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Tuesday 6/24 ratings battle  (Read 2607 times)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
The Tuesday 6/24 ratings battle
« on: June 25, 2008, 07:09:46 PM »
...everybody?

As per Marc Berman, Wipeout edged out Feud, but both put up good numbers.  (nearly 10 and 9 mil respectively).  Japanese GS got around 8, but there was a drop off in the 2nd half-hour.
This signature is currently under construction.

tpirfan28

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 07:26:19 PM »
If the numbers for Feud and Wipeout stay up at week three, then we've got ourselves some more hits this season.

Seems people have been driving to games this calendar year...Drew TPIR did pretty well first run, and has been doing decent in repeat, MDP is extremely solid at its slot, and this run of Tuesday newcomers started off well.  I don't think any of them could hold their own on a year-round slot (sans TPIR)...most of them should stay summer/seasonfillers just to keep them fresh.  

- MDP (as mentioned before) could stay as an alternate to Amazing Race.
 - Japanese GS/Wipeout could help fill ABC's Saturday after college football.
 - Feud...well...does NBC even have any reality programming?
 - TPIR would just stomp anything anytime, really.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 07:26:51 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Offshored2007

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 07:53:28 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'189040\' date=\'Jun 25 2008, 07:26 PM\']
If the numbers for Feud and Wipeout stay up at week three, then we've got ourselves some more hits this season.

Seems people have been driving to games this calendar year...Drew TPIR did pretty well first run, and has been doing decent in repeat, MDP is extremely solid at its slot, and this run of Tuesday newcomers started off well.  I don't think any of them could hold their own on a year-round slot (sans TPIR)...most of them should stay summer/seasonfillers just to keep them fresh.  

- Feud...well...does NBC even have any reality programming?
 - TPIR would just stomp anything anytime, really.
[/quote]
At the rate we are bringing back old game shows from the 70s, can "Balls" (Magnificent Marble Machine '08) be far behind?  or "Craps! The All New High Rollers"?

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 05:36:55 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'189040\' date=\'Jun 25 2008, 06:26 PM\']

- Feud...well...does NBC even have any reality programming?[/quote]

"Biggest Loser" and "Celebrity Apprentice" during the regular season, "Last Comic Standing" and "America's Got Talent" in the summer--and that little show called "Deal or No Deal."  Don't know if you've heard of it.  :)

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 05:29:10 PM »
I thought the Thursday comedy and Law and Order were the only non-reality programs that NBC had left?  Or am I just slightly exaggerating?

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 06:24:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Armadillo\' post=\'189176\' date=\'Jun 27 2008, 05:29 PM\']
I thought the Thursday comedy and Law and Order were the only non-reality programs that NBC had left?  Or am I just slightly exaggerating?
[/quote]
"ER" and "Chuck". I believe "Journeyman" returns as well. I think the latter (along with "Bionic Woman") are more casualties of the strike.

NBC is in some deep sugar-honey-iced-tea right about now...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jalman

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 09:04:04 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'189185\' date=\'Jun 27 2008, 06:24 PM\']
[quote name=\'Mr. Armadillo\' post=\'189176\' date=\'Jun 27 2008, 05:29 PM\']
[/quote]
"ER" and "Chuck". I believe "Journeyman" returns as well. I think the latter (along with "Bionic Woman") are more casualties of the strike.

NBC is in some deep sugar-honey-iced-tea right about now...
[/quote]
You misspelled "Heroes," BFG. ;-)

Journeyman and BW, AFAIK, are both cancelled.

/I miss Journeyman

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 12:22:29 PM »
Taking a look at the week two ratings, Wipeout only lost 5% of its audience from last week, while Celeb Feud and Japanese Game Show lost more than 20%.  Consider the latter was already eroding and is mediocre at best, it looks like ABC is going to finish 1st and 3rd.

As for returning NBC shows, what about Medium and/or Friday Night Lights?  (Just trying to think off the top of my head)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 12:24:38 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 02:34:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'189514\' date=\'Jul 3 2008, 12:22 PM\']
As for returning NBC shows, what about Medium and/or Friday Night Lights?  (Just trying to think off the top of my head)
[/quote]

They both return midseason (FNL eps will be "instant classics" as they will air 1st-run on DirecTV's The 101 in the fall, then repeat on NBC in the new year).
@lambertman