Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Concentration rebuses  (Read 1284 times)

lobster

Concentration rebuses
« on: March 12, 2008, 08:55:48 PM »
has any variation of concentration ever used the minus sign to form a word like you see sometimes in print rebuses, such as (picture of a ski) - "S" = "key" or (picture of Oven) - (picture of Hen) to create "Of"?

joker316

Concentration rebuses
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 09:07:45 PM »
I have watched a lot of all the versions of Concentration (NBC, Narz & Classic) and can say that I have never seen a minus sign used. I feel the reason it wasn't used was because you're trying to solve the puzzle with some boxes unexposed. Using the minus sign can muddy up the process. I feel you go in expecting the plus sign to be used but not the minus.

I have almost every home game, and it is not used there either.
Survival of the fittest...And besides...it's FUN!!!!  ...Daffy Duck

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Concentration rebuses
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 09:12:28 PM »
[quote name=\'joker316\' post=\'181178\' date=\'Mar 12 2008, 08:07 PM\']I have almost every home game, and it is not used there either.[/quote]To be fair, home games aren't always the best example to use when judging a games rules.

That said, I think Concentration was one of the best recreations, and of the editions I own (and of episodes I've seen), I never saw a minus sign either.  I think the answer is no.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

DjohnsonCB

Concentration rebuses
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:45:35 PM »
Only The Rebus Game used the minus.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

geno57

Concentration rebuses
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 02:53:24 AM »
Nope, minuses were not used in Concentration.  I always thought it would be a good idea for a super endgame, like with a big prize or cash jackpot at stake, to include minuses.