Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The original $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime theme  (Read 2438 times)

JepMasta

The original $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime theme
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:48:07 AM »
Hey guys, I was watching some clips posted by Michael Tiller, and I was wondering, on his clip from a $1MCOAL season one $1M win he played a brief snippet of the season one theme that sounded in the clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2m-xqUY2cQ  The clip in question.

Does anyone know where I can hear the original theme (if at all possible?)

Thanks

Brian~

HYHYBT

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 05:32:01 PM »
*Very* brief... I believe (but cannot check until at least Tuesday) that there's that much clear, and at about the same point in the theme, between the product plugs and a missing child alert in some episodes.

But who knows.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

narzo

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 06:55:38 PM »
I only saw a couple season 1 episodes but do recall a brief period of "in the clear" theme being played after commercial leading into product plugs.  I would bet this is just a portion of that.  It sometimes ran for some length, guessing there was supposed to be a product plug there but it just wasn't sold.

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:39:31 PM »
Indeed it is. Watching an episode of that series on the man's web site, there was clear theme playing during a wee bit of the mid-show fee plug portion which matches what's heard on the posted clip above.
But, yes, Brian, I wouldn't mind having a clean copy of that magnificent theme myself.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 08:40:12 PM by Don Howard »

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 09:20:08 AM »
Listening to that theme makes me want to dance the tango with Carrie-Ann Inabe.  I guess that's a GOOD thing.

But I prefer the lively Score Productions energetic remake!  (Which you can hear at the TV Production Music Museum.)
-Sanford