Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Host Emmy  (Read 5964 times)

Jimmy Owen

Game Show Host Emmy
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 05:40:16 PM »
To paraphrase Mark Goodson, a great game show host has to have the ability to drive a cab, ask questions and run the show at the same time.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

William A. Padron

Game Show Host Emmy
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 09:25:10 AM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'185130\' date=\'Apr 30 2008, 04:26 PM\']
I think "The Price is Right" will win the Best GS Emmy while Alex Trebek gets the Best GS Host Emmy.
[/quote]

I wonder if Price does win the Best GS Emmy, that could mean Bob Barker gets another award but as the show's Executive Producer for the past calendar year of 2007 (well, the first half at least).  If so, it is another statuette on his already filled-up bookcase of other Emmys, as if he needs another one, at his home.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 09:26:41 AM by William A. Padron »
[Take The "A" Train]

uncamark

Game Show Host Emmy
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 12:24:37 PM »
[quote name=\'William A. Padron\' post=\'185165\' date=\'May 1 2008, 08:25 AM\']
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'185130\' date=\'Apr 30 2008, 04:26 PM\']
I think "The Price is Right" will win the Best GS Emmy while Alex Trebek gets the Best GS Host Emmy.
[/quote]

I wonder if Price does win the Best GS Emmy, that could mean Bob Barker gets another award but as the show's Executive Producer for the past calendar year of 2007 (well, the first half at least).  If so, it is another statuette on his already filled-up bookcase of other Emmys, as if he needs another one, at his home.
[/quote]

Surprisingly, the official list at www.emmyonline.org does not list all of the producers names under the nominees for any category (or the names of the people nominated in the technical categories, including Mira Wilder getting her umpteenth nomination for hair styling for "TPIR"), but I would think that the credentials CBS and Fremantle submitted to the academy had Syd Vinnedge and only Syd Vinnedge's name on it under "executive producer."

I'll be curious if Adam Sandler and Stan Blits are submitted as "writers," even though they're not credited as such.  Of course, this year Stan can be listed as a "co-producer" and pick up a statue if "TPIR" wins.