The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Flashback to the Extreme Gong days

<< < (2/2)

Jim:
\"Who Wants To Be Governor\" wasn't nearly as funny as the last debate with Arnold, Arianna, Cruz, Tom, and the Green guy who said there is no such thing as an \"Illegal\" person.  All in all, I found the Kennedy special fun enough for what it was.  I think the older gray haired guy personified the rationale most of the 135 candidates had for running - a cheap way to have a good time.  I bet that guy was thrilled to be on.  He looked like he had fun dancing with Mary at the end.  For that guy, the whole experience was surely worth the $3,500 entrance fee.  For many of the applause junkies who entered for the fun of it, however, I bet they are slightly depressed the whole election wasn't more like it was originally described by one news commentator - \"a two month pass to the comedy club\".
   I am curious, however, how were these six selected?  I can't believe Larry Flint wouldn't have welcomed the chance to be on.  Larry would have made the show more funny.  He surely would have been more entertaining than the tall guy whose father was a basketball player.

clemon79:
[quote name=\'Jim\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 09:17 AM\'] I can't believe Larry Flint wouldn't have welcomed the chance to be on.  Larry would have made the show more funny. [/quote]
 Larry sells pr0n. Hardcore pr0n, at that.

Personally, doesn't bother me. But it _does_ bother a lot of other people. GSN's being controversial enough and taking enough crap for putting together a media circus in this show to start with. Having a known-and-self-proclaimed \"smut peddler\" on the panel would have pissed off a LOT of potential viewers, and I'm sure they had already lost a few due to the Juggy bouncing around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version