Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Survey  (Read 3982 times)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
GSN Survey
« on: April 06, 2008, 03:34:20 PM »
There's been some ads on the network itself about this, but if you go to gsn.com/survey/ there's a lengthy questionnaire about online gaming habits, game show viewing habits, etc. Some parts are mind-numbing, but I'd love to see our voices heard on this one, considering the amount of questions about GSN and its programming on the survey.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

tpirfan28

GSN Survey
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 03:54:26 PM »
I just took it.  Holy crap was that odd.  Never mind the fact I was back ended into playing the sexist card twice with previous answers...
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN Survey
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 04:45:32 PM »
How often do you typically play free online games such as board games, card games, arcade games, word games or puzzles?
I lol'd.

/and I get paid to do it!
//jesus, could this BE any more of a push-poll?
///yeah, bored now. <click>
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 04:57:16 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

clemon79

GSN Survey
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 04:58:46 PM »
Okay. I would like to encourage people NOT to take this survey, simply because a lack of response is the only way the message is going to be sent to GSN that when you do research, you DO NOT ASK FOUR BILLION QUESTIONS AT ONE TIME.

Robert Hutchinson

GSN Survey
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 08:04:47 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'183403\' date=\'Apr 6 2008, 04:58 PM\']Okay. I would like to encourage people NOT to take this survey, simply because a lack of response is the only way the message is going to be sent to GSN that when you do research, you DO NOT ASK FOUR BILLION QUESTIONS AT ONE TIME.[/quote]
I would think that GSN would need that lesson more than most. No offense to anyone's who's taken the survey, but the longer you make it, the higher the percentage of your respondents is going to be people reeeeeeeally into game shows and/or GSN. Oh, and reeeeeeeeeally intent on making their voices heard.

("Our survey shows that 90% of our audience is going to hunt us down and kill us if we keep crunching credit rolls!")
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

BrandonFG

GSN Survey
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 03:40:45 PM »
WTF is the point of offering a multiple-choice question when you limit how many choices I can make?

Just what DOES GSN plan to measure with this survey?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chad1m

GSN Survey
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 03:53:03 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'183494\' date=\'Apr 7 2008, 03:40 PM\']Just what DOES GSN plan to measure with this survey?
[/quote]How many online gaming, game show watching, PlayMania watching, female poker hating viewers they have.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 07:16:01 PM by Matt Ottinger »

clemon79

GSN Survey
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 06:48:03 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'183494\' date=\'Apr 7 2008, 12:40 PM\']
Just what DOES GSN plan to measure with this survey?[/quote]
They're not trying to measure much of anything.

It's a push-poll. It's like when you go and vote, and before you get within 100 Pies (mmm, pie) of the polling place, some schmuck with a clipboard accosts you to ask if you're voting for "that nice, intelligent, honest, trustworthy, loyal, obedient Barack Obama, rather than that evil, hideous, she-witch Hillary Clinton." It becomes painfully obvious when, every time they mention GSN Live, they do it inside of three or four sentences telling you how great it is.

"What? You say you've never heard of GSN Live? Well let's stop asking you questions for a moment so I can tell you all about it!"

Master Shake

GSN Survey
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 11:36:44 PM »
I just took the survey.

I seriously doubt it'll make any major difference to GSN's output, but what the heck.

Oh, but it did inform me (several times) that in case I wasn't aware of it, GSN Live is a 3-hour block of programming...yada yada yada.

tvmitch

GSN Survey
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 09:50:58 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'183403\' date=\'Apr 6 2008, 04:58 PM\']
Okay. I would like to encourage people NOT to take this survey, simply because a lack of response is the only way the message is going to be sent to GSN that when you do research, you DO NOT ASK FOUR BILLION QUESTIONS AT ONE TIME.
[/quote]
As a communications major in college a few years ago, I remember seeing a communication research study or two about the validity/invalidity of long surveys, where the subject taking the survey became disinterested after a certain length of time because the survey was too long. Interesting studies, yes, but nothing beyond what anyone would expect to happen. (As is the case with much of communication research as a whole - studying what doesn't really need to be studied.)
You should follow me on Twitter

clemon79

GSN Survey
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 11:37:47 AM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'183542\' date=\'Apr 8 2008, 06:50 AM\']
As a communications major in college a few years ago, I remember seeing a communication research study or two about the validity/invalidity of long surveys, where the subject taking the survey became disinterested after a certain length of time because the survey was too long.[/quote]
Exactly. And once you get to the point where you can't trust the accuracy of the data, there's no point in having the data at all.
Interesting studies, yes, but nothing beyond what anyone would expect to happen. (As is the case with much of communication research as a whole - studying what doesn't really need to be studied.)
QFT, sir. QFT. :)