Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Blackout was 20 YEARS AGO?!?  (Read 7996 times)

GS Warehouse

Blackout was 20 YEARS AGO?!?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 03:10:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'174131\' date=\'Jan 7 2008, 05:21 PM\']
The fictional character Jack Bauer is based on Matt Ottinger....oops wrong thread.
[/quote]
Forty-nine people need to get a hold of their lives. [ducks]

/OTOH, replace 49 with the number of members on this board
//MO invented slashies

tvrandywest

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 05:21:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'174223\' date=\'Jan 8 2008, 03:00 PM\'] It did seem that Goodson had more clout with the networks than any other game show producer... [/quote]
Goodson DID have clout. Big clout. But most of it was earned by virtue of delivering more hits than any other producer, and being willing to leverage the success of one show towards getting another on the air at the same network. Goodson also had clout as a result of his relationships with the network programmers, more than one of whom had jobs at Goodson before and/or after their network gigs.

But lest any of that be thought of as unfair in any way, Mike Brockman is among the network programmers who told me that when he bought a show from Goodson, even if only during the development stage, he KNEW the format would be refined, the writing solid, and the set and production first class.

And back to the topic of Blackout, it's hard for me to believe that it was 20+ years ago that I and other wanna-bes were being called by Jay Wolpert's people to sit with Markie Post and other of Jay's friends in his office at Metromedia Square (now the site of a high school!) playing the game in various configurations while Jay tinkered with the format. Damned exciting stuff for a kid!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

TimK2003

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 06:32:21 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'176413\' date=\'Jan 27 2008, 06:21 PM\']

And back to the topic of Blackout, it's hard for me to believe that it was 20+ years ago that I and other wanna-bes were being called by Jay Wolpert's people to sit with Markie Post and other of Jay's friends in his office at Metromedia Square (now the site of a high school!) playing the game in various configurations while Jay tinkered with the format.
[/quote]

Was Markie Post still working behind-the-scenes in game shows at this time in addition to her on-screen roles, or was she playing this strictly as an invited celeb?

tvrandywest

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'176418\' date=\'Jan 27 2008, 03:32 PM\']
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'176413\' date=\'Jan 27 2008, 06:21 PM\']
And back to the topic of Blackout, it's hard for me to believe that it was 20+ years ago that I and other wanna-bes were being called by Jay Wolpert's people to sit with Markie Post and other of Jay's friends in his office at Metromedia Square (now the site of a high school!) playing the game in various configurations while Jay tinkered with the format.
[/quote]
Was Markie Post still working behind-the-scenes in game shows at this time in addition to her on-screen roles, or was she playing this strictly as an invited celeb?
[/quote]
She was already successful as an on-screen actress but apparently maintained her earlier friendships.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com