Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Inner tube Issues  (Read 2800 times)

Card Shark

Inner tube Issues
« on: January 11, 2008, 01:23:39 PM »
I seem to not be able to get video even though the proper plug ins are in place. Is anyone else having these problems?
Adam Strom

dale_grass

Inner tube Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 03:01:10 PM »
Inflate to 35 psi, then coat with a mixture of soap and water.  Any leaks should be readily apparent.  Simply patch with a kit.

\Valve stems are a little trickier.

Matt Ottinger

Inner tube Issues
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 04:13:31 PM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'174548\' date=\'Jan 11 2008, 03:01 PM\']
Inflate to 35 psi, then coat with a mixture of soap and water.  Any leaks should be readily apparent.  Simply patch with a kit.[/quote]
If you're just using them for sledding, though, you don't want to inflate them so high.  It makes them more susceptible to punctures.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

Inner tube Issues
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 04:52:43 PM »
I remember when they started showing Drew's episodes, when one "chapter" finished, it would show one of those brief commercials, then show the same chapter all over again.

Had the same problem with the soap episodes.

/Not that I watch soaps...
//And I lol'd at Dale and Michi-Matt.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 04:53:09 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

dale_grass

Inner tube Issues
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 04:02:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'174569\' date=\'Jan 11 2008, 05:13 PM\']
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'174548\' date=\'Jan 11 2008, 03:01 PM\']
Inflate to 35 psi, then coat with a mixture of soap and water.  Any leaks should be readily apparent.  Simply patch with a kit.[/quote]
If you're just using them for sledding, though, you don't want to inflate them so high.  It makes them more susceptible to punctures.
[/quote]
That's why I always surround mine with a tractor tire.

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
Inner tube Issues
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 08:10:03 PM »
In all seriousness, my issue with CBS Innertube is: it doesn't have a loading bar like other video sites, so the user can pause at the start and simply wait for the whole segment to load.  If one doesn't have the absolute fastest connection, the opening of Price can come out something like "He  er  re I t  Co om me es!  Fro  om  the B  ob  Ba  ark  er..."
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

dzinkin

Inner tube Issues
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 08:27:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Tony Peters\' post=\'174750\' date=\'Jan 13 2008, 08:10 PM\']
In all seriousness, my issue with CBS Innertube is: it doesn't have a loading bar like other video sites, so the user can pause at the start and simply wait for the whole segment to load.  If one doesn't have the absolute fastest connection, the opening of Price can come out something like "He  er  re I t  Co om me es!  Fro  om  the B  ob  Ba  ark  er..."
[/quote]
Of course, that's because it's doing real streaming, not the downloading or pseudostreaming that YouTube and those other sites do.  That makes it more difficult for people to save their own permanent copies to their hard drives.  (But obviously not impossible, because there are tools out there to allow it.)

Robert Hutchinson

Inner tube Issues
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 09:46:44 PM »
I suspect that it's also so bad at the beginning of TPIR because panning across an audience has got to be something streaming video software is awful at compressing. When my connection has been choppy, things have almost always improved considerably once Drew hit his mark on the stage.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

dale_grass

Inner tube Issues
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 01:18:19 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'174909\' date=\'Jan 14 2008, 10:46 PM\']
I suspect that it's also so bad at the beginning of TPIR because panning across an audience has got to be something streaming video software is awful at compressing. When my connection has been choppy, things have almost always improved considerably once Drew hit his mark on the stage.
[/quote]

OK, I'll be the first to admit I'm not A/V savvy, but this statement sounds fishy.  Does what you're streaming affect how it's streamed?  I thought it was just a series of images shown super-duper (technical term) fast.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Inner tube Issues
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 01:33:06 AM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'174940\' date=\'Jan 14 2008, 10:18 PM\']
OK, I'll be the first to admit I'm not A/V savvy, but this statement sounds fishy.  Does what you're streaming affect how it's streamed?  I thought it was just a series of images shown super-duper (technical term) fast.
[/quote]
No, he's right. Here's the easiest layman way I can explain it: The way most compressed video works, there is the occasional keyframe, and then for a little while the next frame isn't a full frame, it's the difference between the previous frame and the next. This means that when there is less difference between one frame and the next (say, a fairly static shot of Drew standing there talking into his mic), there is less data to stream, and therefore the overall experience is smoother. When there is a great difference between frames (say, when the camera is panning around and over the audience at the start of the show), there is much more data that needs to be sent, and therefore a greater chance of the experience being bogged down.

Does that make sense?

(So to answer your question: yes, what you are streaming makes a HUGE difference in how it is streamed.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:34:36 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Inner tube Issues
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 02:37:39 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'174941\' date=\'Jan 14 2008, 10:33 PM\']Does that make sense?[/quote]Completely, yes. I was wondering the same things myself, but didn't bother to ask, is all.
Travis L. Eberle

dale_grass

Inner tube Issues
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 11:30:35 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'174941\' date=\'Jan 15 2008, 02:33 AM\']
The way most compressed video works, there is the occasional keyframe, and then for a little while the next frame isn't a full frame, it's the difference between the previous frame and the next.
[/quote]

Ah, that makes more sense.  Is it done this way to download/play faster (sort of cheating) opposed to the traditional x frames per second?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Inner tube Issues
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 02:46:40 PM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'174958\' date=\'Jan 15 2008, 08:30 AM\']
Ah, that makes more sense.  Is it done this way to download/play faster (sort of cheating) opposed to the traditional x frames per second?
[/quote]
Well, it's done that way because that's simply how digital video is compressed. If it was just x-frames per second, the files would be massive and there is no way in hell it would stream at all.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dale_grass

Inner tube Issues
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 03:57:33 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'174981\' date=\'Jan 15 2008, 03:46 PM\']
Well, it's done that way because that's simply how digital video is compressed. If it was just x-frames per second, the files would be massive and there is no way in hell it would stream at all.
[/quote]

I figured it had something to do with size and speed (doesn't it always?).  Thanks for the info.