Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show hosts in upcoming trading card release  (Read 5241 times)

BrandonFG

Game show hosts in upcoming trading card release
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 12:53:43 AM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'173722\' date=\'Jan 3 2008, 06:36 PM\']
You win again.  You've been on quite the hot streak in 2008.
[/quote]
A'thankyew, sir. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 04:00:17 AM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'173763\' date=\'Jan 3 2008, 08:22 PM\']
The $40 product I've mentioned is an overall better product and with a premium card in each pack.  The $20/pack stuff is an overall worse product, and with a 1 in 3 chance at getting only 8 base cards with near no value.  I'd take the sure thing since it's a better product which sells better on the secondary markets, specifically online and at sportscard shows.
[/quote]
(The shouting in the following is merely for emphasis. No slight against Mike is intended. At all. I mean it.)

I think the thing that people are continuing to be boggled by (certainly I am) is that you don't seem to be looking askance at the concept of TWENTY BUCKS FOR A SINGLE PACK OF FREAKIN' TRADING CARDS!!

I know it's a hobby you love. I'm glad you love it. I enjoy reading your writings about it. But gawd, man, I thought three bucks for a Magic booster was a little spendy. I just don't understand how you can discuss $40 and $20 packs of 5 trading cards (fer God's sake, even the $2 Magic mini-boosters had 8) and not realize that something is very very VERY wrong with that! :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 04:00:39 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Sodboy13

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 02:18:41 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'173746\' date=\'Jan 3 2008, 08:55 PM\']
Maybe I'll run through my 1989 Score set again, just to remember when baseball cards were still cool...
[/quote]

Hopefully, you also held on to the magic-motion "This Year In Baseball" cards.  That's the stuff right there.

/and Fleer's stickers
//and Donruss' puzzle pieces
///and Upper Deck's hologram logos
///Topps' gum... not so much.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation