Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndication front '08 and '09  (Read 1980 times)

BrandonFG

Syndication front '08 and '09
« on: December 20, 2007, 01:35:47 PM »
A lot of what most here already know: the success of primetime game shows is leading to possibly more daytime games for 2008 and 2009.

The article, courtesy of Television Week magazine.

However, one new fact I noticed: the proposed host of Trivial Pursuit.
The show will have strong financial and marketing support from Hasbro, maker of the “Trivial Pursuit” board game. Mark L. Walberg is on deck to host.
This I like.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvmitch

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 01:46:56 PM »
I believe that in that article, in the print edition (not online), there is a photo of the TTD90 set, from what I believe must have been the pilot of the show. There were eggcrate displays above the main board. The host (did Mr Wayne host the pilot? The picture is too small to tell if it's him) and a contestant were standing in the bonus game position near the host podium. The rest of the set looked the same.

It was an interesting, small picture...if you have access to TV Week, check it out. I'll try to get a scan of it and post a URL here.
You should follow me on Twitter

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 01:58:51 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'172577\' date=\'Dec 20 2007, 01:46 PM\']
It was an interesting, small picture...if you have access to TV Week, check it out. I'll try to get a scan of it and post a URL here.
[/quote]
I don't believe so...the print copy I have (December 17/24 issue) has a small pic of Foxworthy on the "5th Grader" set with some of the first season kids.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

HYHYBT

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 01:55:49 AM »
How on Earth would they wind up with a picture from TTD90 of all things? Couldn't find one from *any* of the shows actually mentioned, and "generic syndicated game show" turned that up?
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 06:46:02 PM »
How on Earth would they wind up with a picture from TTD90 of all things? Couldn't find one from *any* of the shows actually mentioned, and "generic syndicated game show" turned that up?

Well, B&C did run a small pic from TJW 90's pilot in a c. 98-99 issue w/an article about syndie shows, so it's not uncommon...LOL

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Gus

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 09:31:16 PM »
The TTD pic is on page 24, as part of a timeline of Roger King's work, over the entry "1977: Barry & Enright engage King World to assist in the distribution of game shows "Tic Tac Dough" and "The Joker's Wild."" Methinks that someone was told to add a pic of Tic Tac Dough, not specifying the version.