Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alex Trebek has minor heart attack  (Read 3930 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

Alex Trebek has minor heart attack
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 11:16:04 PM »
I just got an e-mail from the Match Game group at Yahoo, and I feared the worst...

Now that I have read the details, Alex is a real trooper. A minor heart attack, and he's still ready to commandeer "America's Most Watched Quiz Show." Thank God it wasn't any worse.

Get well Alex.

The Inquisitive One

/still a Jeopardy viewer after all these years
This is the Way.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 01:23:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'171830\' date=\'Dec 11 2007, 07:40 PM\']
Class.
[/quote]
Like Randy said. No one would be joking if it hadn't already been confirmed that Alex would be absolutely fine. No need to get too uptight about it.

MasterKey

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 01:45:32 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'171844\' date=\'Dec 11 2007, 10:23 PM\']
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'171830\' date=\'Dec 11 2007, 07:40 PM\']
Class.
[/quote]
Like Randy said. No one would be joking if it hadn't already been confirmed that Alex would be absolutely fine. No need to get too uptight about it.
[/quote]

There is no such thing as a minor heart attack. It is one of the biggest killers in the western world. One in three die from having one no matter how small or how large. The troponin level is how they determine the damage to the heart. All heart attacks will leave scarring on the heart. Also consider that even a minor heart attack is usually a sign of a more serious problem going on. I know that a few of you like to joke. But truth be told, this is still something very serious.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 09:21:03 AM by chris319 »

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 02:25:44 AM »
I was not intending to categorize any joke about Trebek's heart attack as inappropriate.

Just the bad ones.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 07:38:32 AM »
There is no such thing as a minor heart attack. It is one of the biggest killers in the western world. One in three die from having one no matter how small or how large. The troponin level is how they determine the damage to the heart. All heart attacks will leave scarring on the heart. Also consider that even a minor heart attack is usually a sign of a more serious problem going on. I know that a few of you like to joke. But truth be told, this is still something very serious.
Wow, MasterKey, it is my sincere hope that your knowledge in this area is purely academic rather than having been obained firsthand.

On a lighter note, it is also my sincere hope that no one here regards Alex as their "second father" (or third or fourth, etc.). Does anyone here feel that way? Good.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 09:23:32 AM by chris319 »

Kevin Prather

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 01:55:12 PM »
Quoted from the Jeopardy message board, a note from Alex:

I'm truly overwhelmed by the great show of support and compassion expressed in the past few days to me, my family and my coworkers. Even though I know Jeopardy! is a very popular program, I was still surprised at the number of people who took time from their schedules to call or send a note of encouragement. I thank you all so very much. I'm on the mend, and will be spending Christmas at home with my family. I will be back in the studio on January 14 to tape our Teen Tournament, which is always one of my favorite competitions. Meanwhile, I hope you will continue to watch and enjoy the program. The shows were taped before my heart attack, so what you are seeing is original, not rerun material. Happy Holidays to all of you.

Alex
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 01:55:38 PM by whoserman »